Rate my setup!

jimZon

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hello guys, new to this forum and new to the world of dashcams. Just got a quote from a dealer and this is what they recommended for me:

Blackvue DR900X Plus 1CH 32GB
Power Magic Pro: 599:- BLACKVUE Power Magic PRO 590/750s/900s/750LTE
SanDisk MAX ENDURANCE microSD 256gb memory card.

It's going to be installed in my Volvo V60 Cross Country MY22. I mainly drive to work and home again in Stockholm. On both places I park in a protected garage. Once a week I do customer visits around 200km trips.

So is this a ok setup or do I miss anything obvious here?

Do you plan on using the cloud capabilities? If not, there are options with better video quality for less money like the Viofo A139 Pro.

The DR900X Plus is also about to be replaced by a new model, the DR970X.

Are you interested in a rear cam too or just a front one?

Tjena kompis, welcome to the forum.

The system you are looking for are one of the smart cameras, which have some features you might want to use, but also a additional cost in a SIM card to take advantage of those smart features.
you also have a hard wire kit which you will need for parking guard.
Also you have a adequate sized memory card selected, so nothing there to complain about.

If / when you use parking guard you are limited in duration by the size of your battery, and the state of it, you should not go under 12.2 volts for the low voltage cut off, at least not if you want that Volvo to come alive on cold winter days.
You of course also have to drive to replenish what you have lost while parked, or your next parking guard session can not be as long as you did not start out with a fully charged battery.

Personally i just use parking guard ( the mode where the camera record all the time, but low bitrate to generate less heat and the files take up less space ) at home i have CCTV in my 2 floor apartment on the car parked in the back yard.
So really just need parking guard for the few / rare times i park out on town, and this are mostly shopping which i do in 30 minutes MAX

Do you plan on using the cloud capabilities? If not, there are options with better video quality for less money like the Viofo A139 Pro.

The DR900X Plus is also about to be replaced by a new model, the DR970X.

Are you interested in a rear cam too or just a front one?

I assume that I only want front camera. But I haven't decided yet. :)

2 cameras ( front and rear ) are nice, but i also have to admit that + 95% of the footage i have pulled from dashcams in the past 10 years have been from the front camera.
Personally though i would go for a 2 channel system, CUZ even if you dont need to have direct video of the guy that plow into your back end, and claim it was your fault as you changed lane right in front of them.
Well then it would still be cool footage to share.
Your front camera, that will have you driving steady in your lane, right until BAM !!!! so what ever the 3 people in the other car claim to be the case you can still prove with the front camera that they are lying.

The front camera always record what you do, and if you do nothing wrong, then surely what ever happen can not be your fault.

Hello guys, new to this forum and new to the world of dashcams. Just got a quote from a dealer and this is what they recommended for me:

Blackvue DR900X Plus 1CH 32GB
Power Magic Pro: 599:- BLACKVUE Power Magic PRO 590/750s/900s/750LTE
SanDisk MAX ENDURANCE microSD 256gb memory card.

It's going to be installed in my Volvo V60 Cross Country MY22. I mainly drive to work and home again in Stockholm. On both places I park in a protected garage. Once a week I do customer visits around 200km trips.

So is this a ok setup or do I miss anything obvious here?
What are the specs on the SD card you are planning to purchase?

I am getting a heck of an education on sd cards for my setup. If I can make a recommendation and maybe even help with some future proofing, try to go with a V60 card.

Thank you for that. I’ll have a look into that one as well. Do we know when the new BV will be released? Just found this. https://blackvue.com/press-release-...oduce-new-cloud-connected-lineup-at-ces-2023/
Yeah I've had a chance to learn a little more about it here:

and I've started sharing some testing samples here:

You can also see some testing from @Panzer Platform here:

and @rcg530 here:

As far as availability, looks like it should be available starting next month.

Cool! Thank you all. Already love this forum. Very responsive and friendly!

Seems that it will be available in the beginning of May in Sweden. So I have to wait another month.

Back