Rear camera confusion

IIAGDTR

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo
When I view footage, the rear camera image is sort of like a flipped mirror image of my view. I don't understand why it is like that. For example, looking out my rear window, my mailbox is on the right side of the driveway but the camera footage has it on the left. Very weird. What is going on?

Rear camera video is not mirrored unlike reversing camera. This is the way it should be.

When I view footage, the rear camera image is sort of like a flipped mirror image of my view. I don't understand why it is like that. For example, looking out my rear window, my mailbox is on the right side of the driveway but the camera footage has it on the left. Very weird. What is going on?
If I remember correctly, there should be a "rear camera mirror" option in the settings when rear camera is connected. Turn that option to match your preference

If I remember correctly, there should be a "rear camera mirror" option in the settings when rear camera is connected. Turn that option to match your preference

Oh yeah....thanks!

Oh yeah....thanks!

Btw, why is that even a feature?
Maybe somebody wants to use it as a reversing camera / rear view mirror via analog AV output (the 3.5 mm jack on the right hand side).

Maybe somebody wants to use it as a reversing camera / rear view mirror via analog AV output (the 3.5 mm jack on the right hand side).

You guys are too fast! I, uh, googled it and got the answer.

Thanks everyone for being patient with a doofus. :)

But now try & watch some rear view footage once its been swapped around
& it will send you crazy trying to work it out.

I guess we cannot have it both ways.

Back