Rear camera mounting position.

Simcor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have decided to try mine on the plastic of the high level brake light so it's as unobtrusive as possible.

Seems to have stuck well to the plastic but only time will tell. There is some movement in the plastic so it may wobble a bit on there.

But will see how it goes and if its not suitable will move it onto the window.

It's smaller than I thought from the photo that Tiffany had posted very discreet camera to be fair.

I installed mine last night. Love the small form factor.
20180607_173816.jpg

High level brake light area is the best position, the door hinge will also be there meaning the cable will flex the least.

Even so its a pretty robust cable, strong than the standard cigarette lighter socket cable.

I have decided to try mine on the plastic of the high level brake light so it's as unobtrusive as possible.

Seems to have stuck well to the plastic but only time will tell. There is some movement in the plastic so it may wobble a bit on there.

But will see how it goes and if its not suitable will move it onto the window.

It's smaller than I thought from the photo that Tiffany had posted very discreet camera to be fair.

Got mine this morning and it is tiny. Fixing it to the rear window might be a problem. The hatch on my car moves a distance from the car body when open. Would need quite flex on that cable.

Also checked for updates on the website - none yet.

The hatch on my car moves a distance from the car body when open. Would need quite flex on that cable.
I have a hatch and used an old stainless steel windscreen wiper blade stiffener. Hook it at one end and lubricate well with washing up liquid. Thread it through the rubber boot that holds the other electrical connections and pull through the cable (gently) with that.

I have a hatch and used an old stainless steel windscreen wiper blade stiffener. Hook it at one end and lubricate well with washing up liquid. Thread it through the rubber boot that holds the other electrical connections and pull through the cable (gently) with that.

Not possible with my Toyota. However, I've got it mounted on a metal bit just below the rear stop light and duck taped the cable out of sight. Just a small loop to allow for the hatch opening. Every car is going to be different.

Back