Rear camera STUCK in the mount - BRAND NEW PACKAGING.

securityguyNZ

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Hey boys and girls,

Title says it all really.

Just unboxing a brand new DR9002-2CH and for the life of me, I can't get the rear camera out of the mount. Obviously I don't want to force it, is there a trick I'm missing?

Cheers!

No trick. It "clicks" in place. To remove, simply pull it in the direction of the cable connector, away from the lens. Who did you purchase the camera from?

No trick. It "clicks" in place. To remove, simply pull it in the direction of the cable connector, away from the lens. Who did you purchase the camera from?

Local electronics store. It definitely doesn't budge. Mount just goes around and around...

Local electronics store. It definitely doesn't budge. Mount just goes around and around...

Take it back to the store and tell them to get it out of the mount without doing any damage to it or they replace it on the spot with a brand new one which functions correctly :cautious:

I'd wager you a beer that they'll try it, then just give you a new rear cam from another box rather than let you see them break it trying :ROFLMAO:

Phil

What Phil said. This was what I was going to recommend.

I think it's only about force. :ROFLMAO: All my units had rear cam firmly pushed in the mount (and the way out needed the same amount of power).

I gave up and just installed the camera as is. I did intend on moving it between my vehicles so I'll look at it at a later date. Not the end of the world.

Back