Rear CPL A229 plus?

AliAnwar000

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hello, I see it quite concerning witch the Viofo's CPL filter for rear cam of a229 plus/pro, because it is adhesive, which means when you place it incorrectly taking it off and placing it back can weaken the adhesive glue. What is concerning the most is over time dust particles cam accumulate between the rear cam lens and cpl and that is normal. However, the solution to this is to take the cpl of and clean the lens and cpl but the cpl is adhesive it doesn't make sense to take it off and put it on back overtime the adhesive glue will get weaken so it can not be attached back on camera.

Who owns the Viofo's camera with rear CPL filter please comment. I am between two minds buying the A229 plus but the issue is rear cam cpl. Or getting the a129 plus duo its rear CPL is detachable easily

What is concerning the most is over time dust particles cam accumulate between the rear cam lens and cpl
I think the dust can not get in, if it is correctly positioned, it should be a one time install...

You need to be careful to ensure the lens is clean before fitting the CPL, might be a good idea to use some sticky sheet, like you use for fitting phone screen protectors.

A single particle of dust on the lens is not really a problem anyway, it will be so much out of focus that it will be impossible to see on the video image.

I do not have one of these CPL, but I have been using a similar design of CPL for years, with less effective seal against dust, and have had no issues. I don't live in Saudi Arabia though, maybe your dust storms are far worse than UK?

I don't live in Saudi Arabia though, maybe your dust storms are far worse than UK?
You'd think? :D

But I do understand @AliAnwar000, I'd had the same concern when I saw the CPL filter. Maybe you can add a narrow line of double sided tape between the two tapes that are supplied with CPL. You'd expect it to seal it off completely that way. But fiddly to apply, I sure. :confused:
But like @Nigel said, maybe it isn't a problem at all. Worst case you'd have to remove the CPL-filter and buy a new one.

Back