Rearview reversing camera with recording

archarius

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius, G1W
Hello everyone, this is my first post. :)

I have been using G1W for a long time now and decided to buy Mobius for hassle-free operation and out of sight installation.
I did consider rearview mirror camera with front and rear video recording but after reading opinions here I decided not to buy (poor video quality, and almost useless at night time).

However I am still thinking about a rearview camera with a built in LCD and external camera (fitted above the license plate - my car has a special place just for that), so I could use it as a reversing camera AND record the video at the same time (without front camera nonsense).

All I could find was just reversing camera without ability to record the video.

Is there anything like this on the market? Or would I have to build it myself with a little bit of DIY?

Hello everyone, this is my first post. :)

I have been using G1W for a long time now and decided to buy Mobius for hassle-free operation and out of sight installation.
I did consider rearview mirror camera with front and rear video recording but after reading opinions here I decided not to buy (poor video quality, and almost useless at night time).

However I am still thinking about a rearview camera with a built in LCD and external camera (fitted above the license plate - my car has a special place just for that), so I could use it as a reversing camera AND record the video at the same time (without front camera nonsense).

All I could find was just reversing camera without ability to record the video.

Is there anything like this on the market? Or would I have to build it myself with a little bit of DIY?

Welcome to forum !
As I understood, you are looking for dashcamera solution with remote lens waterproof camera which will be fitted above the license plate and it has to record all the time when car engine is running, not only when you are reversing ? What video resolution you are looking for ( VAG, FullHD ) ?

Welcome to forum !
As I understood, you are looking for dashcamera solution with remote lens waterproof camera which will be fitted above the license plate and it has to record all the time when car engine is running, not only when you are reversing ? What video resolution you are looking for ( VAG, FullHD ) ?

Yes, you have unterstood me correctly.

And the video would come up on the mirror only when I'm reversing.

I'm looking for the best resolution in 50~ pounds range.

Yes, you have unterstood me correctly.

And the video would come up on the mirror only when I'm reversing.

I'm looking for the best resolution in 50~ pounds range.

Within 50GBP locally in UK / EU market there are only low quality built, low video quality VGA solutions.

Within 50GBP locally in UK / EU market there are only low quality built, low video quality VGA solutions.
That's bad news.

Thank you for your help though. :)

Thanks, I'll try to find some more info about this set.

Also, I've noticed that google has a cache where this set was for £37.91

cam.jpg

Back