received my 2 new Blueskysea G1W-CB, has 2 included batterys, why

Rob L

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
2 Black Box G1's, and 2 Blueskysea G1w-CB'S
Not sure why these were included with my dash cams... My research shows these are 2000MAH battery's L0301. I received 2 per dash cam... The dash cam model are the capacitor ones so do I need to hook up these battery's?

extra%20part.jpg
Here is a pic of one.

looks like an RC type battery. For RC planes, cars, etc.

May have been shipped by mistake. Do they show up on the invoice?

Nothing on packing slip. Nothing on the eBay page either. I purchased 2 dash cams and they were in the box with the dash cams... literally in each of the dash cam boxes with the dash cam accessories.
I actually have a third dash cam coming from the same seller on Tuesday. I am replacing all my G1's with the new capacitor style dash cams. I did reach out to the seller. WQe'll see what his response is.

They were shipped from a US retailer? Just wondering if it's worth going through the trouble of shipping them back. The prices vary quite a bit.
The smaller white plug is the charging plug, and the two larger red plugs the power connections. The power plug type varies a lot, and it's possible to change the plugs to what you need.
May be easier to give them away or sell them to somebody local, if they want you to send them back to China. :)

Yes, shipped from a US retailer. I reached out to them but they have yet to respond.

OK I once bought some stuff online, and $250 of extra stuff showed up in the box that wasn't on the invoice, I didn't order, or pay for it.

It was not something I needed, or would buy, but could use....'at the right price'.

I contacted the shipper, a big online retailer of aquarium supplies, and they were happy to sell the stuff to me at 50% off the discounted catalog price.
It was also something that was not tiny, and the shipping back to them wouldn't be real cheap.

This worked out because it was something I could use. The batteries? Wouldn't make too much of an effort, unless they sent a prepaid return box or something.

Not sure how many cells those are, or the 'C' rating, but the price could range from $10 up, each, and how useful they are to somebody local to you who does RC stuff depends on the power connector, which vary quite a bit. (But can be changed if you can solder a little)

Hopefully, the buyers who did order those batteries didn't get empty boxes. :)

It is just strange that each box (ordered 2 dash cams) had 2 of these battery's inside. I have no problem returning the battery's to the seller at their expense. But if they want me to buy them I'm sorry, I have no use for them...
I do see the seller does sell drones so I can only assume they may be extra battery's for the drones... just not sure how they ended up inside dash cam box's.

Somebody started packing a shipment, got distracted, threw your shipment on top of it, sealed it up, and sent it off. No telling what the guy who was expecting batteries ended up with. :)
I'll guess they'll tell you to just forget about them.

Naw, I don't think so. The battery's were tucked inside the box of the dash cams. The boxes have lids and a sleeve that slides over the boxes for the dash cams... It couldn't have been by accident.

Hmm, then somebody ordered the dashcams and batteries, and they got the orders switched? Oh well. Bet the dash cam boxes had an impressive heft when you pulled them out of the shipping box. :)

Ya, I did think they were a bit on the hefty side. o_O

Back