Received my G90

yudangorgor

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I got my G90 direct from AliExpress from Dome.. so I hope it's the legit deal :)
My firmware is G90-ZX-A730-1007-N7W. Is this the newest?
The audio recording I retrieve from the TF card has a lot of static. Any help here?

I'm going to plug this into my cigarette lighter (live with ignition)
The dash cam turns on when I turn on my ignition which is great since it does it automatically.
1) I set the Auto Off Setting to 1 minute. How does the dash cam know when to turn off when I pull my ignition out? Even though I cut the power supply, the internal battery will still keep it going right? Or do I have to press stop recording when I get out of the car so that it automatically turns off after 1 minute?

2) How useful is Motion Detection if I am not hardwiring it? I noticed that if I turn on motion detection, the Auto off setting will kick in if there is no recording because the dash cam didn't detect any motion. If I turn off motion detection, the dash cam keeps recording until there's no battery left.

3) What is Delay Auto off?

4) How does the G-Sensor work? I tried turning on the camera and while it's not recording, I shook it to micmic a car accident, but it doesn't record.

5) I also don't have EV adjustment and also white balance

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
I got my G90 direct from AliExpress from Dome.. so I hope it's the legit deal :)
My firmware is G90-ZX-A730-1007-N7W. Is this the newest?
The audio recording I retrieve from the TF card has a lot of static. Any help here?

[ It sounds real that's for sure. Yes, it's legit ..lol. Likely no help for the audio issue. Link to for the page you purchased it from?]

I'm going to plug this into my cigarette lighter (live with ignition)
The dash cam turns on when I turn on my ignition which is great since it does it automatically.
1) I set the Auto Off Setting to 1 minute. How does the dash cam know when to turn off when I pull my ignition out? Even though I cut the power supply, the internal battery will still keep it going right? Or do I have to press stop recording when I get out of the car so that it automatically turns off after 1 minute?

[That's the inactivity auto-off ( not recording/ playing, etc..).]

2) How useful is Motion Detection if I am not hardwiring it? I noticed that if I turn on motion detection, the Auto off setting will kick in if there is no recording because the dash cam didn't detect any motion. If I turn off motion detection, the dash cam keeps recording until there's no battery left.

Motion Detection "On" is an activity. But the camera was not programmed logically. You need to turn off the auto off feature when in Motion Detection mode.

3) What is Delay Auto off?

[How much time the camera stays on after auto off is initiated (if you set it to "Off", it might stay on! My is set for 15 seconds)]

4) How does the G-Sensor work? I tried turning on the camera and while it's not recording, I shook it to micmic a car accident, but it doesn't record.

[The G-Sensor is part of the auto-save/protect a segment of recorded data feature. It also helps the camera in rotating the screen.]

5) I also don't have EV adjustment and also white balance

["specification subject to change without notice"]

Any help is appreciated.

^
My response is within your post.

static noise

How upset are you about this G90 audio issue?

Last edited:
I think your # 3 question is the answer to #1.. Delay auto off will turn off your dashcam on a selected time after you turn off your ignition key..

thanks for the help guys in regards to auto off and delay off.

what's the difference between parking mode and motion detection?
i had motion detection on from the factory and while i was driving i noticed the camera stopped recording.. my guess is that i was driving behind this car for a bit and in relative motion, it didn't pick up any 'motion'... until i lane changed and something detected something new.. i'm probably going to disable this since i'm not going to hardwire anyway.. yet.

but i'm not sure what parking mode is.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L G90 32
Back