Recording 2ch started??.

Skylar132

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 PRO 2CH
Hello all, recently was gifted an a139pro for Christmas. It seems to have teething issues the last few days, sometimes randomly when driving it chimes in and says it has started recording, after checking the memory card it seems to miss around 3-5 seconds before restarting recording. At first I was using a Samsung evo plus 256gb but the issue has persisted after changing to a SanDisk extreme 256gb, the wiring for the camera is fine as I have checked this and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if there is a solution? Thanks in advance

For me it manifests itself similarly, I do not examine the continuity of files. I believe it happens with bumps and jolts in the road and the subsequent G-sensor response.

I'm not even going to investigate this further (it's not a priority), unless I change the G-sensor sensitivity setting

I find it madness to have G-sensor on for regular driving, unless you have a silly small memory card this will never be a issue.
And i do so dislike cameras where you can not turn the G-sensor off.

The G-sensor has some purpose. If it bothers you that much, you should have considered a different camera. What's your sensitivity setting for recording while driving?
Smart or dumb, an SD card doesn't prevent accidental deletion.

Well in 2023 and with low G-sensor setting + the state of Danish streets it is generally OK, get MAX 1 activation a week, and i can live with that.
But in the old days even low was not low enough and it would still trigger all the time, my first " proper " 1080p dashcam from Lukas it fortunately had so you could enter custom trigger values for all 3 axis, but after messing with that for 2 days i just turned it off.
The little i drive i have footage on a 256 GB memory card going back several weeks / almost a month, and the eventfolder have info going back many many months

I tested the old A139 and i did not have any of the issues you guys talk about here, if you have the camera setup to record 3 channels, and it suddenly say 2 channels, then for sure there is a problem with one of the remote cameras.
To narrow it down u would try and disconnect one of the 2 remote cameras and see if the camera then suddenly say 1 channel recording

Back