Recording does not automatically start

Wallace

Reaction score
I have purchased a DRV-207 camera and am happy with it with one exception. The recording does not automatically start when car is starterd. The camera powers up and waits until I push the record button. When the car is turned off -the camera writes to the sd card and then powers down.

The camera is configured thusly:
1280x720, 30FPS
Continuos video
Motion detection off
IR On
Date Stamp enabled
SD card formatted in computer
Battery is in camera (I'm assuming it has to be in the camera to preserve the settings)

Any suggestions?

I just got mine today and was looking here to see if anybody else had this issue. After playing around a bit, I've discovered that motion detection must be ON to automatically start recording. I don't know why, but it has to be on.

This sucks because when my camera is mounted high up in my big work truck on straight prairie highways, it won't detect motion. It will do so in my car, but not in my Fuso.

Also of note is that without motion detection, if your camera is set to any of the video lengths other than "OFF", it will simply stop recording when it reaches the time limit.

tenthousandfeet said:
I just got mine today and was looking here to see if anybody else had this issue. After playing around a bit, I've discovered that motion detection must be ON to automatically start recording. I don't know why, but it has to be on.

This sucks because when my camera is mounted high up in my big work truck on straight prairie highways, it won't detect motion. It will do so in my car, but not in my Fuso.

Also of note is that without motion detection, if your camera is set to any of the video lengths other than "OFF", it will simply stop recording when it reaches the time limit.

My 207 does not have these issues. Record length 5 min, motion detection is off, IR OFF. Starts recording when plugged into the powered charger, overwrites old files when memory is filled. I don't have any suggestions for either you or the OP, other than to contact the seller and get advice. The issues you and the OP have are not normal "features" of the camera. It's possible that if you did not buy from estore009, your camera might not be a legitimate DVR-207.

Interesting. I got mine from futuretrend01 - it could be fake, but the video quality seems to match what I've seen here, and it does have the G-sensor (theoretically). Is yours the version before the G-sensor was added?

My firmware is listed as v1207311. Does that match yours?

I fixed this problem today. For auto-start recording and loop recording to work, video length cannot be set to "off". It must be set to one of the other finite time spans.

Back