Recording test

Bjaspud

Reaction score
Country
United States
I wanted to test my new A229 Plus to see how long I could record to my 128gb micro sd card at a particular resolution and bit rate. I plugged my camera into house current via a power adapter cube and set the camera to start recording. I assumed that it would record overnight and I could check in the morning to see how long it recorded. I was surprised this morning to see that the camera stopped recording and shut itself off after just a couple of hours. Shouldn't the camera have continued to record all night long, just writing over the initial files once the card is full? Does the camera have a shut down feature after X amount of time? Is there a way to run a test to see how long I can continuously record to one micro-sd card?

Second question - my laptop is not recognizing my mico-sd card when I plug it into the usb port on my laptop. I can see, via the phone app. that the camera is recording but my laptop does no 'see' the usb card reader and card. Any suggestions?

Note - the camera's firmware has been updated and the card has been initially formatted on my laptop and subsequently formatted in the camera.

Thanks!

I wanted to test my new A229 Plus to see how long I could record to my 128gb micro sd card at a particular resolution and bit rate. I plugged my camera into house current via a power adapter cube and set the camera to start recording. I assumed that it would record overnight and I could check in the morning to see how long it recorded. I was surprised this morning to see that the camera stopped recording and shut itself off after just a couple of hours. Shouldn't the camera have continued to record all night long, just writing over the initial files once the card is full? Does the camera have a shut down feature after X amount of time? Is there a way to run a test to see how long I can continuously record to one micro-sd card?
The camera has a function to turn off after X period of time, but only in parking mode.
Check your power adapter to make sure the output is 5V and 2A.
Reset the DVR to factory settings. Set only the resolution and bit rate.
Format the memory card in your laptop to FAT32, insert it into the DVR and turn on the DVR overnight.
In the morning you will see how many files fit on your memory card.

Does the A229 Plus go into parking mode when GPS stays it is stationary for a long time, like the older VIOFOs did?

I wanted to test my new A229 Plus to see how long I could record to my 128gb micro sd card at a particular resolution and bit rate.
Welcome to the club.
Here is one option;
1.) Format SD Card in camera.
2.) Select settings: resolution, bitrate, HDR on/off (yes it makes a difference), number of channels connected (rear & IR Interior camera), etc.
3.) Start recording.
4.) Stop recording.
While recording is stopped / paused the estimate available recording time will be displayed in the top right corner of the LCD screen.
Make a note of the estimated time for each resolution, bitrate, HDR settings.

10.) Available Recording Time .jpg

As far as the camera shutting down unexpectedly I would suspect a power starvation malfunction due to an incompatible USB Type-C cable, power supply, or even the outlet the power supply is plugged into.

As far as your laptop not recognizing the SD Card I would try a different computer / laptop, or you could even insert the SD Card into your TV's USB input.

Back