Red light runners including tour bus with side dash cam

GTA Driver

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Iroad 3300CH, G1W-c, Mobius C, A119 v1 & v3, A118-c2
Video of a few right light runners. First day I mounted a dash cam to the side of the Rav.

Side dash cam - mobius c at 720p at 60 fps. Able to see the drivers in the opposing direction ... with the raw video in VLC, can even see the cigarette of one of the drivers

Nice but a little wobbly. Do you plan to re mount it, maybe closer to the window so it's not cropped by the window frame?
That was my first attempt. I found more Velcro and a way to get it closer the next day. I think now I have, after a few day of trying, so that is tight as possible to the ceiling.

Just one note because idk how the laws are by you. My mom worked for our county sheriff's department. She told me that if you're in the middle of an intersection turning and the light turns red and then you turn, that's running a red light and you can get a ticket. Since you're supposed to be able to clear the intersection otherwise stay at the line. Not dogging you just wanted to let you know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Just one note because idk how the laws are by you. My mom worked for our county sheriff's department. She told me that if you're in the middle of an intersection turning and the light turns red and then you turn, that's running a red light and you can get a ticket. Since you're supposed to be able to clear the intersection otherwise stay at the line. Not dogging you just wanted to let you know.

No offence taken. I believe its how the law should be. That one should not into the middle of intersection until its clear, because if you commit your self in the middle of the intersection and numerous cars go thru yellow or red in the opposing direction, you go thru as well. I looked in the Ontario Ministry of transportation just now - and I can't see anything about staying behind the behind the solid line or refraining from being in the middle of the intersection.

If in the middle of the intersection, it obstructs the field of view for the opposing direction making a left hand turn difficult. Also I have seen cars get stuck in the middle as cars from the left or right start to go thru on their green.

If one does stay away from the middle of the intersection, they are likely to get a loud honk from the car behind - so damned if you do - damned if you don't.

Also, I think some busy intersections here, should ONLY permit left hand turns on an advanced green.

Edit: Underline text -fixed from previous. Changed yellow to a left turn . Fixed typo qbout to about

Last edited:
Here, if you don't stick your nose into the intersection, you get honked by the cars behind you.

Thankfully people have been surprisingly conservative and sane about the new flashing yellow arrow that's been popping up on some left turn lanes that used to be "left on green arrow only". The flashing yellow arrow means left turn yield. Definitely helps relieve congestion at times.

Here, if you don't stick your nose into the intersection, you get honked by the cars behind you.

Well I would say that is their Problem not yours.

I always think to myself, " Next time rear honker give me call that you will be possibly behind me and I start my trip a minute later in order for you to be in front of me ... "

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thankfully people have been surprisingly conservative and sane about the new flashing yellow arrow that's been popping up on some left turn lanes that used to be "left on green arrow only". The flashing yellow arrow means left turn yield. Definitely helps relieve congestion at times.
I find it kinda weird to know that's a "new" thing over there because I've lived with those lights all my life (litterally). :)

I find it kinda weird to know that's a "new" thing over there because I've lived with those lights all my life (litterally). :)
the idea isn't new. it's just that now we have 2 different signals that mean the same thing. the only real difference seems to be whether or not you have a dedicated turn lane, but even that isn't always the case.

solid green arrow: protected turn - oncoming traffic has a red light so you have the right of way
solid yellow arrow: protected turn (or turn yield in the case of flashing yellow arrow) is about to turn red
flashing yellow arrow: turn yield - oncoming traffic has a green light and they have the right of way to go straight. you normally only see this when there's a dedicated turn lane
solid green circle: same as flashing yellow arrow - not normally seen in large intersections (2+ lanes in each direction) - dedicated turn lane not always necessary but sometimes there is one
solid red arrow: stop, do not turn (only for dedicated turn lanes)

note that i did not specify left or right turn, because there are some places where there is a signal for right turn when there's a dedicated right turn lane.

Back