Regarding Panorama S power.

kakomanda

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hi. At first, thanks for everybody that have been contributing to this forum.

At second, i need some help about the power supply of the panorama S. i have been using my panorama s for a month now. The problem is that the power cord keeps my cigarette plug busy all the time. Is there another way to power at the same time, the Panorama S and a USB charger for my phone?

I have tried a 2xUSB MOMAX cigarette charger but the DVR does not turn on when powered on USB.

Best regards!

Hi. At first, thanks for everybody that have been contributing to this forum.

At second, i need some help about the power supply of the panorama S. i have been using my panorama s for a month now. The problem is that the power cord keeps my cigarette plug busy all the time. Is there another way to power at the same time, the Panorama S and a USB charger for my phone?

I have tried a 2xUSB MOMAX cigarette charger but the DVR does not turn on when powered on USB.

Best regards!

5V micro usb does not have auto power on function.

You can buy dual cigarette lighter socket. Type it into aBay or Aliexpress.

5V micro usb does not have auto power on function.

You can buy dual cigarette lighter socket. Type it into aBay or Aliexpress.

Thanks for the reply. You said that does not have auto power function. I did not tried to power on manually the unit. Does it work if i manually power on when connected on USB (as a temporary solution)?

And second. Any brands that i need to stay away or important tips to look for that dual cigarette lighter socket?

Thanks for the reply. You said that does not have auto power function. I did not tried to power on manually the unit. Does it work if i manually power on when connected on USB (as a temporary solution)?

And second. Any brands that i need to stay away or important tips to look for that dual cigarette lighter socket?

If using 5V socket as a power supply then you can power on and start recording manually by pressing on/off button.

Regarding dual cigarette lighter socket they all work fine ( at the beginning ). Just difference is in built quality. Cheaper ones may last less than more expencive ones. Best is to buy some branded mid-priced.

Last edited:
I bought this one from Ebay and it works fine. It powers my Panoroma S and my GPS:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/181342517191

I bought nearly similar and working for me second year, apart from last month broken thread which holds "cap" to fuse part tip, so I had to use superglue. Other than that paying back then 5-6 usd and working for 1.5 years is good value.

I bought this one.
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6099917031.html

I did see a lot of models with 3 outputs but I don't need that much. Just one for the DVR and one for the dual USB charger. In the model I bought I have the option to use the USB that is included (but probably is a 500ma USB, and my dual USB does 2.1.)

Plus, didn't liked the idea of some models that don't have and extension cord. The area near the cigarette switch would get really crowded.

Back