Reminder to reformat card working?

wibbly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I set it to a month, and it's been over a month without my having noticed any reminder. Does this work for anyone else?

I have not tried this on the N5 i am beating on, i will try to set a reminder today that trigger ASAP

I set it to a month, and it's been over a month without my having noticed any reminder. Does this work for anyone else?
Worked for me last week. Not sure what's going on. Guessing it grabs the time and date from the GPS lock

Worked for me last week. Not sure what's going on. Guessing it grabs the time and date from the GPS lock
How did it work? Beep at you when the camera powered up from parking mode?

Strange, that dialogue has never shown up for me. Card last formatted almost two months ago, and I just checked - the monthly option is still selected. Have now manually reformatted the card and will see what happens next month...

Okay so i did what i said i would ( CUZ im no politician )

I set a reminder for 15 days ( shortest interval ) then i shut down the app and turned wifi off in my phone, drove 2-3 M forward and got a format reminder, and it did have a ding, but really for a important reminder i think the audio alert could be better than a single ding, and of course some TXT on the screen.

I selected no i do not want to format and hit OK as i want the memory card to fill up, so i guess i will have to wait 15 days and see. ( though by then i probably forgotten all about this thread )

PS: i do not use parking guard on the N5 ATM, in case it could be transitioning from that mode and not just a regular start.

PS: i do not use parking guard on the N5 ATM, in case it could be transitioning from that mode and not just a regular start.
Interesting. I do use Collison Detection parking mode. I wonder if that's preventing the message coming up?

Have to keep in mind too it is 2 different models, but you could try to turn off parking guard and format reminder, and shut down the camera normally with the car key, then turn it on again, connect with APP and turn on format reminder and see if you also get a immediate notification like i did.
It could also be as i just used the 15 day reminder, you could try using that one too just to see.

Some times flaws in dashcams are a bit tricky to trigger as it might only kick in under a specific set of circumstances.

Back