Removable mount

Antonf

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
My current dashcam has clearly reached the point where I have to get a new one, and everything I read about the A119 V3 ticks the right boxes.
Two things though:
  1. The nature of my work is such that I use a rental vehicle at least twice a week, so I need a removable mount for my cam. Any suggestions?
  2. I will also be using the cam in my motorhome (RV) and would love to take some time-lapse videos through some of the amazing places we travel. Is it possible to do with the A119 V3?

1. Use the suction cup mount for use in the rental, use the sticky mount in your normal car:

2. It does have a timelapse parking mode, but it is easiest to use it normally and then edit the video into a timelapse - speed it up by x6 or x8. Faster than that isn't very watchable. Then you can also slow it down to x4 or x2 for the more interesting bits and put a bit of original speed with sound mixed in. Of course that does depend on you having sufficient computing resources on the road, or sufficient storage to take it all back home.

Thanks Nigel, but this sentence is a killer... "The suction mount cannot be used together with GPS module."
Somewhat shortsighted from Viofo IMHO!

Thanks Nigel, but this sentence is a killer... "The suction mount cannot be used together with GPS module."
Then get a second GPS mount (available on the same site) and stick it onto a suitable third party suction cup mount. There are a few suction cup mounts about that have a flat surface for sticking sticky mounts to, or you can make one up using GoPro mount parts.

If you are removing it from rental cars often then I don't think there is an alternative to suction cups, electrostatic stickers are going to collect dirt and not last very long, plus you need to clean the glass first for them. Suction cups like a bit of grease on the glass!

Thanks Nigel, how do I "link" the GPS data with the dashcam footage using separate mounts?

You mount the camera on the new GPS mount normally and it will work fine. You then mount the new GPS mount on the suction cup and mount the suction cup on the windscreen. When you go back to your normal car you just take the camera off the new GPS mount, discard the suction cup/new GPS mount combo (put it in your traveling bag), and put the camera back on the original GPS mount that is still stuck to the windscreen of your normal car.

You mount the camera on the new GPS mount normally and it will work fine. You then mount the new GPS mount on the suction cup and mount the suction cup on the windscreen. When you go back to your normal car you just take the camera off the new GPS mount, discard the suction cup/new GPS mount combo (put it in your traveling bag), and put the camera back on the original GPS mount that is still stuck to the windscreen of your normal car.
Thanks, appreciate your help!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Vince33 A119 V3 1
B A119 V3 2
S A119 V3 2
N A119 V3 7
P A119 V3 3
Back