Removing the MicroSD Card whist still powered up?

Estoril Sport

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S 2CH
Recently upgraded my DR900S to a 900XPlus, one major annoyance I have found that the power lead is well and truly connected (locked unto) the camera and I can not remove it without putting major pressure which may result in damage.
For transferring the files to my PC I used to remove the SD can and add the card to the PC to download the videos. * but first Power down the Camera before removing the SD card. However with the DR900XPlus there is no On/Off switch so having to remove the SD card with the Camera still power up, and once the SD Card is removed I then hear a continuous reminder that there is not SD card in the camera! Surely this is not right as removing the card whist the camera is power up could cause damage to the camera and the SD card itself!

I have also found the local Wifi option hopeless, it used to work OK until I did a firm update, and ever since even with subsequent updates it has not improved. Most times it will not connect at all, and when it does this fails soon after, and I am siting in the car only about 2 ft from the camera! I found having to connect via the Cloud to be more reliable! I have read on the Forum that this is a known issue and I need to switch off any VPN and CarPlay on the phone will try this next time. Currently its so tricky having to remove the SD Card due to the proximity of the two cables, I find myself having to user tweezers to remove the SD card from the camera!

Last edited:
Back