Replacement Adhesive?

clanlessaa

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I got a new car and want to transfer over the Blackvue 500. My problem is now finding something to stick the mount back onto the windshield. WTF do I use? All I remember from the old one was it was made by 3M.

I like that clear gel like pad, since it stuck on very well and was relatively easy to remove afterwards.

Watch it fall off when the temp of the screen gets to about 140F The Dual Lock wont do that

Watch it fall off when the temp of the screen gets to about 140F The Dual Lock wont do that
Okay, I'll watch for it. It hasn't yet, but I admit I don't keep a temp gauge inside my car and hang out in it at those temps (but I have no doubt it can get that hot in the summer when I'm not in the car).

I'm sure you are absolutely correct that there is only one possible solution to the OP's query.

Is it a certainty that the adhesive used by Pittasoft isn't actually the 3M heavy duty tape? Looks an awful lot like it (I purchased both the regular and the heavy duty stuff last time I happened to be at the hardware store).
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Scotch-1...r-Mounting-Tape-411-DC/100575385#.UmBpDvnBN8E

Okay, I'll watch for it. It hasn't yet, but I admit I don't keep a temp gauge inside my car and hang out in it at those temps (but I have no doubt it can get that hot in the summer when I'm not in the car).

I'm sure you are absolutely correct that there is only one possible solution to the OP's query.

Is it a certainty that the adhesive used by Pittasoft isn't actually the 3M heavy duty tape? Looks an awful lot like it (I purchased both the regular and the heavy duty stuff last time I happened to be at the hardware store).
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Scotch-1...r-Mounting-Tape-411-DC/100575385#.UmBpDvnBN8E

I don't know what it is as have never used it I bought the Dual Lock when I got my first camera and have used it in 3 countries in about 6 different cars and its never fallen off nor created any vibration in the camera.

The version I got is what they use to affix toll modules to the windscreen.

You can just pull the camera off and put in in the glovebox and push it back together when you return to the car

Back