Replacement battery - 322GW

Kenja128

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm new to the forum, as of today. Thanks for accepting me.

I'm quite techie minded, can fix phones, laptops, etc. I've just received a used 322GW which I'm certain has a duff battery. Will not hold charge despite lengthy charging.

I've had a quick look inside it and it seems a simple, if not a bit precise, job to replace the battery.

Question is, does anyone know if Nextbase would supply me a new battery for the cam?

Cheers - Ken

Hi Ken,

I'd recommend performing a battery test:

1. Unplug the Rear Dash Cam (if applicable) and remove the Dash Cam from it's windscreen mount.
2. Take the Dash Cam indoors and remove the SD card.
3. Using the USB cable provided in the box, plug it into a mains power supply (2 Amp recommended), make sure to plug the cable into the body of the camera, not through the car mount.
4. Go into the Dash Cam menu and make sure that Parking Mode is turned off (if applicable), if Parking Mode is enabled, this will affect the test.
5. Leave the camera on charge for 4 hours (or more) with the camera turned on. When fully charged, the blue charging LED should turn off.
6. Unplug the power cable, the camera should shut down.
7. Turn the Dash Cam on (using only battery power) and time how long it takes for the battery to run out and the camera to shut down.

Please note:
After performing this test, your Dash Cam will need to charged again, before reinstalling in your car.

The battery should last for 8+ minutes during the above test. If the battery lasts for less than 8 minutes, the battery may have reached the end of it's lifespan. I've messaged you directly about a replacement battery.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back