Replacement for Itronics ITB-100HD

green_comet

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Itronics ITB100HD
Hey guys,

My Itronics ITB-100HD finally bit the dust yesterday after several years of rather unreliable ownership, so I'm looking for advice on a new camera to replace it with. I haven't really been keeping up to date with the technology advancements since purchasing the ITB-100HD, but I would certainly like something better in the reliability and video quality categories.

My requirements are as follows:

Very good video quality in 1080p or higher
Excellent reliability
Sleek and discreet design (preferably without a screen)
WiFi
Would like to have GPS but it's not essential
Parking mode

I've been looking at the BlackVue DR650GW-1CH, but is there anything else I should be looking at (preferably cheaper) that you guys could recommend?

Any help is much appreciated.

Check the JooVuu X.

BTW, I also had the Itronics camera in my last car which I regret now letting it go with it when I sold it. I had it for 3 years and other than the odd time it needed the card formatted it never gave any problems, especially considering the heat it was exposed to here.

I have since bought a couple cheap Chinese cameras on ebay for fun mostly to see what is out there but both were disappointments. The A118C is a nice form factor and I originally thought that a screen was a must as I didn't have one on the Itronics and always thought that it would be good to be able to show the video to a cop if needed right there at the side of the road. But the screen is so small that I think that would not be of much use. Also the video quality at night was much poorer than the Itronics.

I also got a Matego MG600G which due to poor support seems to be very buggy. If you like that form factor or the A118C I would say spend the money and go with Street Guardian for either of those designs.....you know the old saying, you get what you pay for :)

I have just placed an order for the JooVuu X as I like that small design and the fact I can show the recorded video on my iPhone if need be. Also it looks like they will be around for support in the future.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Back