Replacement Unit issue, crashes while in parking mode.

speeddemon69

Reaction score
Country
United States
So after dealing with my DC not saving to memory card now i have an issue with unit crashing and stays off until i press the reset button. This happens while coming off parking mode. Has anyone had this happen? I am on latest beta firmware with a max endurance card. I sent VIOFO a video and talking with them via email but that can take a while.

So after dealing with my DC not saving to memory card now i have an issue with unit crashing and stays off until i press the reset button. This happens while coming off parking mode. Has anyone had this happen? I am on latest beta firmware with a max endurance card. I sent VIOFO a video and talking with them via email but that can take a while.
When you say coming off parking mode, do you mean that the camera is live in parking mode and when you start the car (thereby switching from Battery feed to Accessory feed) the camera switches off? I don't have an answer, but would like to be totally clear.

Camera is frozen already before that i assume. I have the lights off when in park mode.

This could be easily verified by the timestamp of the last recorded video...

Like I said, I don't have the answer. But for troubleshooting purposes, are you using the HK3-C kit? From what I can tell, it only works properly when the red (BAT) and yellow (ACC) cables are both connected to the car, obviously to circuits that are continuously live and switched respectively. The need for both connections confused me when I was testing the system on the bench at home. But I'm not sure that the symptoms you describe can be explained by this.

Like I said, I don't have the answer. But for troubleshooting purposes, are you using the HK3-C kit? From what I can tell, it only works properly when the red (BAT) and yellow (ACC) cables are both connected to the car, obviously to circuits that are continuously live and switched respectively. The need for both connections confused me when I was testing the system on the bench at home. But I'm not sure that the symptoms you describe can be explained by this.
Yes using the hk3-c kit and it worked perfectly on prior unit that had other issues not related to this. Everything is wired correctly and it gets power accordingly weather car is off or on.

Yes using the hk3-c kit and it worked perfectly on prior unit that had other issues not related to this. Everything is wired correctly and it gets power accordingly weather car is off or on.
Weather can be a problem, but normally to stuff outside the car. Have you been storm chasing or something?

Has anyone had this happen?
I have a similar situation and it has repeated itself several times: I get into the car, close the door, start the engine, but DC does not say that the recording of one channel has begun - silence. I drive for a few minutes, only the Record indicator is on. I try to reboot it, but DC does not respond to the hold of the power button, it does not respond to any buttons at all. I turn off the power wire, wait until the Records indicator goes off and connect the power - DC happily reports that Recording of one channel has begun. I looked at the memory card - the recording in the parking lot was carried out, i.e. DC worked until I got into the car and started it. At the moment, I have formatted the memory card and am watching further. To connect DC, I used HK3-C and in general it works as it should - when I stop the motor, then the parking mode is turned on; when I start the car, the parking mode is turned off.
P.S. Firmware Version: V1.1_0321

Back