Replacing dashcam battery

heytim

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi everyone,

Been lurking a while and decided I should start posting!

I have an older Pruveeo F5 dashcam and it seems the battery isn't able to hold a charge anymore. The camera instantly shuts off when external power is lost, and the most recent file doesn't get saved as a result (camera not able to properly shut down).

Otherwise the camera seems to work fine, so I was thinking to replace the battery. I took the camera apart and it looks like it uses a 3.7V 320mAh battery pack (see attached).

Would something like this work as a battery replacement?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/122795956848
The voltage and amperage is the same, but the part at the top doesn't (it says HBT303040 EG on the Pruveeo's dashcam battery) not sure what that means...maybe just the battery model? So not sure if that makes any difference, or if I just need to make sure the voltage and mAh is same?

If that should work, I think just re-solder the new battery wires to the dashcam. Or anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance,

Attachments

• Pruveeo internal battery.jpg
    Pruveeo internal battery.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 12
If the eBay battery fits it will work just fine. In fact, if you find a 3.7 volt battery with a higher rating than 320 mAh that still fits inside your camera that will work as well and would simply power the camera for a longer period of time if ever needed.

Yeah physical size should be the same so it should fit into the camera housing. Thanks for the info about the rating, I've seen many other batteries on eBay that have a higher rating (400 mAh seems to be common). I only need the battery to help the dashcam shut down anyway...which the original one can't seem to do any more

Back