Replacing Mobius outer case

xreyuk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
DoD F520, Mobius ActionCam.
Hi all,

I've been modifying a spare outer case to fit a B&W polarising filter to the camera.

To change the case on the mobius, is it just remove the two screws keeping the case together, and then a simple case of undoing the three screws holding the logic board in?

Yeah I looked at that, I just wanted to check there was nothing else I needed to disconnect before removing :)

Be careful with those very tiny screws! I managed to lose one even though I was being very careful. Fortunately I have a large selection of tiny screws and bolts I've been collecting over the years for just such an occasion.

Looking forward to seeing some photos of your mod.

I would have given you some pictures, but unfortunately the mod didn't work. Still cannot get the filter close enough to the lens.

Think it's time to buy a filter from eBay, buy a spare lens cap and give that method a go!

I would have given you some pictures, but unfortunately the mod didn't work. Still cannot get the filter close enough to the lens.

Think it's time to buy a filter from eBay, buy a spare lens cap and give that method a go!
Or go see a nice 3D movie ;)

My current solution was so elegant too :(

Be careful with those very tiny screws! I managed to lose one even though I was being very careful. Fortunately I have a large selection of tiny screws and bolts I've been collecting over the years for just such an occasion.

When you stumble across this newly lost screw you can add it to your collection. Now I know how you built up the collection in the first place :)

When you stumble across this newly lost screw you can add it to your collection. Now I know how you built up the collection in the first place :)

I actually just found it earlier this evening! It was right about where I'd left it in the first place but it might have been hiding under my keyboard for a little while.

Back