Restarts and Stops Recording

TieNN89

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Thinkware U1000, Blackvue DR900S-2CH
Hi guys,
Has anyone had a situation where the dash cam out of no where while driving, announces the start up message "Blackvue for your Safe Driving, Starting Normal Recording"? It happened at 10:48am today for me.

What I noticed was when I parked up the security LED were on, which I had turned off previously.

I thought I'd pull the SD Card when I got home which was a few hours later (a mixture of driving and parking).

It looks like it was recording perfectly fine right up to that point, then the 10:48am file will not open. So I've missed a few hours of driving and parking mode. Meanwhile during that time the Record indicator was on.

I should of put the card back into the dashcam to see if it record again, but instead I decided to start running some test which has wiped the card.

Does anyone know why it would be doing this? is it SD Card related?
It isn't the first time, a few months ago the same thing happened.

Maybe time for a new card? it isn't that old either. Its a Samsung 512gb Pro Plus.

-- EDIT
I forgot to mention, when it rebooted I noticed that the WiFi light didn't come on. Which mine is set to default which is to turn on for the first 10 mins.
Not sure if it's because it locked up before it could switch WiFi on?

Last edited:
Is your car stop / start ?

Is your car stop / start ?
No it is not, it's not due to a voltage issue. It's connected to a big lithium battery.

It's either camera or card related.

I had the same problem after the software update. I took the card out and checked in my computer and the card just seemed to be broken. I use a Samsung Evo Plus card.

I tested my card, and apparently no issues.

I ended up getting a New Samsung Endurance 256GB Card. Would of much preferred a 512GB card but they don't do it in the Endurance model.

Hi guys,
Has anyone had a situation where the dash cam out of no where while driving, announces the start up message "Blackvue for your Safe Driving, Starting Normal Recording"? It happened at 10:48am today for me.

What I noticed was when I parked up the security LED were on, which I had turned off previously.

I thought I'd pull the SD Card when I got home which was a few hours later (a mixture of driving and parking).

It looks like it was recording perfectly fine right up to that point, then the 10:48am file will not open. So I've missed a few hours of driving and parking mode. Meanwhile during that time the Record indicator was on.

I should of put the card back into the dashcam to see if it record again, but instead I decided to start running some test which has wiped the card.

Does anyone know why it would be doing this? is it SD Card related?
It isn't the first time, a few months ago the same thing happened.

Maybe time for a new card? it isn't that old either. Its a Samsung 512gb Pro Plus.

-- EDIT
I forgot to mention, when it rebooted I noticed that the WiFi light didn't come on. Which mine is set to default which is to turn on for the first 10 mins.
Not sure if it's because it locked up before it could switch WiFi on?

Blackvue will without doubt point to SD card issues, they always do. Gives them a get-out clause if you don't pay the OTT prices they charge for their own cards.

Back