Review: Gitup Git2 Pro + Extras

Tigris99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank @gitup for letting me review the Git2. I love my git1, and now having the git2 with stabilization, I am excited. First few uses have proven how good the camera is and how well the stabilization works.

gitup-git2-pro-action-camera.jpg

Git2 Pro: Gitup.com

Was sent a few extras to go with my camera (Thanks again @gitup )

Selfie stick
Wireless Remote
Separate charger and a couple extra batteries.

Git2 Pro @ Gearbest
Current Flash Sale @ $108.99

Ill cover extra bits first.

Comes with the standard mounts, waterproof case, skeleton frame for tripod stick use, tripod adapters, etc. Handlebar mount is turned the "wrong" way, more for seat post mount unless you want to use the little adapter.

No need to test the case as its the same as the git1, best design case Ive got (now i have 2 when I can find the other one :p). Fully waterproof.

Selfie stick is nice, standard tripod mount, extendable and adjustable. Pretty standard for a common selfie stick. The frame works well with it for those instances.

The charger (yes can charge via camera) is cool IMO. Can plug into a USB charger, then charge 2 packs at the same time. Pretty handy if you want to charge extra packs for a day out. Especially if you want to record in 1080p/60FPS. Eats up battery power, ~1.5hr run time.

MY FAVORITE PART, the wireless remote. Comes with a wrist band. Be nice if they had designed it for handlebar mounting. BUT WORKS AWESOME. SO far ive tried it at about 20 ft, works fine. Have to hold the button a tad longer than if your right next to it. But works flawlessly! Its A LOT easier than pressing buttons on the camera through the case all the time. Especially if you want to go from video recording to take a couple quick pictures (which picture quality is really good for the average user) then back to recording. Just hit the video button to stop video recording, hit the camera button to switch the camera to photo mode, hit the button again to take pictures, then press the video button once to go back to video mode and hit the video button again when your ready to start recording.

As for the camera, theres A LOT TO IT for the price tag. And Gitup is still very active providing customer support and responding/making changes based on feedback. Making this still the only "budget" action camera with GOOD customer support, though from china so a bit delayed.

Firmware does work nicely and smoothly, not a single issue at any point with it so far. As always, if I (or anyone else) finds something, Gitup will take care of it and release a firmware update to take care of it. But I have 0 complaints or annoyances as of yet.

Most Noticeable Upgrades over GIT1:

-Now uses Sony sensor. Not as good in low light but the rest makes up for it

-1080p/60fps, and 2k supported from 1296p to 2160p @ 30FPS/24FPS(2160P)

-Favorite feature: IMAGE STABILIZATION THAT WORKS!!!

-16MP camera

-and theirs more but wont bore you with all the details, the links above can get you all the in depth details.

This is the "unboxing" video, there is a lot to cover with this camera. Do have some ride videos that are uploading so I can cut, edit and post in the next couple days. I have a night time side by side with the GIT1, but no daylight video of that yet.

Enjoy:

And heres a couple pics I took with it yesturday to try out the default camera settings. Im not a photographer by any stretch and like to just "hit the button to get my pic and go". But it does better than my camera on my phone, so Im happy:

Last edited:
FYI the Git1 uses a Sony image sensor too, it's just a lower resolution one. but that lower resolution in the same physical size sensor is why the Git1 does better in low light.

i do like how they made one of the screws on the bike mount detatchable at the top so you don't have to unscrew it all the way to get it over the bar. i have another bike mount from a different camera that isn't detatchable, and because of that, i never use it.

I saw a bunch of those "fat tire" bikes when i was up in colorado last week. it makes sense that they do pretty good in snow, since i think they were first made for beach/sand riding. how do they do in deep powder though?

Nice.
The Git1 sensor is Sony IMX322, the same as Street Guardian and because of this is offering a very good image in low light conditions.
Also I like the idea of bike mount with just one fixed screw. I can use it without any problem, mounted right near centre and camera rotated 90 degrees to the front. First time I was thinking like Tigris but now is OK.

I have a poor cheap bike and here are some videos with Gyro from bike and in the second one you can see how good is the Git2 IS because was recorded with 2 Git2 different cameras at the same time:

enjoy,
Mtz

Fat bikes like I have/you saw were actually designed for snow and mud use. I haven't had any deep powder. 6-7" was the deepest. But my set up is limited in depth I can ride through. I only have 3.8" Nates and am a big guy. More athletic thus a lot lighter weight riders combined with bigger tires its alot easier. I took some video from the one snow storm before thanksgiving, just not sure what I did with it. I could get through it in low gears and was a work out.

The last couple weeks we've had "mother nature pre groomed" snow on the ground which has been awesome to ride in. That's what the night segments are of at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
@Tigris99 what selfie stick did you get? It looks really good.

and what part do you mean with the sceleton frame?

In regards to the following - Separate charger and a couple extra batteries.

What charger/batteries did you get with it?

@Tigris99 what selfie stick did you get? It looks really good.
That Gitup selfie stick is very nice, nice foam handle, it floats, no metal to rust if used in the sea, has a tripod screw on the bottom so that you can use it as an extension, or screw 2 of them together for extra length, doesn't flex or wobble, it's lightweight, if you screw a weight on the bottom then it works nicely as a pendulum and stabilises the camera while keeping the image horizontal, etc.

There are about 2 models of selfie sticks on gitup.com, one is cheaper and not so great like the more expensive one which is feeling more durable.

enjoy,
Mtz

I have the "more expensive" one. I like it, doesnt feel cheap and works well.

i still getting jitter at 2k, but other than that it's been good. maybe a little ev+

Back