Review: PAPAGO GoSafe 520 GS520-US Dashcam 3" LCD, HDR, Ambarella A7L Chip, Ultra HD 2k.

I am pulling the plug on Papago GoSafe 520 tomorrow. My trusty SeeZeus Shadow RX300 kicked the bucket yesterday.

My questions is... I still have that nice GPS antenna I used with my RX300. Is it possible to use it with GoSafe 520? I believe they have same connectors, but not sure if they'd be compatible together. Anyone might have any info on this by any chance?

Thanks in advance!
Pulling the plug means different here.

I don't think you can plug in a GPS.
Where is the hole?

On an A118C you certainly can "plug in" a gps module. The "hole" is on the top.

Pulling the plug means different here.

I don't think you can plug in a GPS.
Where is the hole?

It's on the top, right next to the power (mini USB) hole.

EDIT: you can see GPS hole in this image:
883387013_413.jpg

Last edited:
That's not Papago.

I am sorry, I'm not following. What do you mean by "that's not papago"?

I did not post Papago Dash cam picture nor papago GPS antenna. If you read my original post, I said I have my old GPS antenna that worked nice with Shadow RX300, and works perfectly fine with GT680W and some other models. My question was, would this GPS work with GS520 dash cam, even though it's not made for Papago cameras. It's just an GPS antenna, so I thought as long as connectors are same, it should work. Of course that does not have to be the case, but that's why I asked it in my original post.

I am sorry, I'm not following. What do you mean by "that's not papago"?

I did not post Papago Dash cam picture nor papago GPS antenna. If you read my original post, I said I have my old GPS antenna that worked nice with Shadow RX300, and works perfectly fine with GT680W and some other models. My question was, would this GPS work with GS520 dash cam, even though it's not made for Papago cameras. It's just an GPS antenna, so I thought as long as connectors are same, it should work. Of course that does not have to be the case, but that's why I asked it in my original post.

I don't believe the question was about how to plug it into the Shadow, point being made was where were you planning to plug it into on the Papago, I think the implication is that there is no GPS input on the Papago

I don't believe the question was about how to plug it into the Shadow, point being made was where were you planning to plug it into on the Papago, I think the implication is that there is no GPS input on the Papago

Hi Jokiin, long time no see/talk. Nice to hear from you.

I believe 520 has GPS antenna input. Some of the videos I watched, I believe I saw GPS data saved and visible in the video. I might be wrong though...

I believe 520 has GPS antenna input. Some of the videos I watched, I believe I saw GPS data saved and visible in the video. I might be wrong though...

the pics above suggest it has no input, Sunny was also the one that reviewed it so I would expect he knows that and why he has been questioning where you intend to connect it

short answer though even if it does have the connector it's likely a different format they are using

the pics above suggest it has no input, Sunny was also the one that reviewed it so I would expect he knows that and why he has been questioning where you intend to connect it

short answer though even if it does have the connector it's likely a different format they are using

You are correct. GS 520 does not have optional GPS antenna. No GPS antenna connection. I mixed it up with GS 388, the other camera I was looking at. That one has GPS support.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/review-papago-gosafe-388-1080p-dashcam.17113/#post-261378

So now, I just wonder how different those GPS antennas can be. If they all use same connector, shouldn't they all work when plugged into the device that supports GPS? Of course this might sound super stupid to someone who understands how all this work much better than I do.

Back