Right side blur

alamat

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Dash Cam
G1W, DVR207, DVR027, inferior DVR027 clones, LB100
I have 2 of these camera. Different batches. The latest is the 1017 firmware. But I noticed both cameras the left side of the video is very sharp, but the right side is blur. Anyone noticed the same thing?

Yes, perhaps. Just shot this now - you can see the sharpness of the snow on the awning. There definitely is a slight vignetting blur, especially to the lower right.

Still, I'm not too concerned. 10-17 firmware, black.

4UIQi7n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jwc
For $52, the lens on the camera is not the greatest. It is likely due to that. I will update the main page to include this info.

For $52, the lens on the camera is not the greatest. It is likely due to that. I will update the main page to include this info.

to be fair they're not all supplied with the same lens so the version from one supplier might not be the same as one from another

Mine is very blurry on the left side. Right side is very sharp.
Could be because of the camera module is said to be not screwed to the board, but attached with some double side adhesive tape.

Mine is very blurry on the left side. Right side is very sharp.
Could be because of the camera module is said to be not screwed to the board, but attached with some double side adhesive tape.
that is known to happen on some versions of this model so possibility is there

I thought I got a defective unit when I noticed images are sharper on the right side than the left.

I assume, there's not much I can do to fix this. I already opened it up and tried to adjust the focus of the lens by turning the lens clockwise or counterclockwise, but it doesn't resolve the nonuniform clarity issue.

Back