Rotating the Camera Horizontally

pdmike

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR750S 2-CH
I know you can move the camera up and down, i.e., rotate it vertically to raise or lower the front view of the camera. Can you also rotate it horizontally? It doesn't seem to want to move that way when I try to do it and I don't want to force it. I'm thinking about the situation where an obnoxious person is standing just outside the driver's window and you want to rotate the camera so it will pick up what is going on there, rather than from a front view.

Can it be done and, if so, how do you do it? Is there a release button to press somewhere?

Last edited:
Not easily. You have to disconnect the power and rear cam then take the cam out of its mounting then refit the power plug.

Oh no! One of the main purposes of a dash cam as I have seen it on YouTube, is to record cops screwing you over while they stand at your driver's window. You mean you can't do that with this dash cam? That's a bit of a serious omission, wouldn't you think?

Oh no! One of the main purposes of a dash cam as I have seen it on YouTube, is to record cops screwing you over while they stand at your driver's window.
If you want to do that, get a head mounted body cam?:ROFLMAO:

I've never really considered that one of the main purposes, but of course, it's a concern.
Especially in certain locations more than others.

Most vids I've seen have been just audio mainly.

Though if you really felt inclined, you could try to find a 360-degree mount that you could stick on your windshield and then stick your DR750S onto that.
Might take a bit of searching to find one that would fit well, but I'm sure they're out there.

Might you have a look at this VAVA 360 All-Around View dashcam! Not sure if it can meet your needs or not?

Might you have a look at this VAVA 360 All-Around View dashcam! Not sure if it can meet your needs or not?
Thanks, but this is kind of like suggesting that someone get a divorce three days after the marriage. I have invested over six hundred in my 750S and I'm not about to chuck it for some other camera.

Or you can read it this way - getting married after 2 ****tails in the Thailand bar and then realising that your new wife is actually a man. Before investing $600, you should have do a home work, ask yourself what do you need, what functions are important to you, compare different products, see all pros and cons, and only then invest money. If you didn't do it properly, it's just your fault.

Perhaps you should have investigated what the camera was capable of before you bought it.
You are unhappy that it cant move horizontally which if you looked at the mount would be fairly obvious, you dont like the time format, cant set the time correctly. Have I forgotten anything.
Best as already said do the research before buying.

Back