Run rear cam cable in headline with a glass roof/sunroof?

DashCam11

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it ok to run a rear cable for a rear camera through the headlining if the car has a glass/sun roof? Obviously will have to be down the sides, not sure if there is any room, cables, electrics, air bags there?

Has anyone done this before? Just seems a much easier route than down A pillar, along sills, back up through boot somehow to the top of rear window.

Thanks

See pic

Attachments

• IMG_0034.jpeg
    IMG_0034.jpeg
    201.9 KB · Views: 7
unsure if it should be run along the sunroof, the better bet would be behing the curtain airbags or along the floor trim

unsure if it should be run along the sunroof, the better bet would be behing the curtain airbags or along the floor trim
That’s my question really, I know it’s better along floor sills, but it’s harder to do, and need a longer cable.

Just wondered if could do in headlining with a sunroof, last one I did had no sunroof so was relatively easy, and it where the camera is mounted.

In my car with no sun roof, i have tried a couple of times to get a cable across the headlined, but the way it is installed in my car i dont think its possible.
Fortunately i have a tiny car thats almost micro, so the down low route are what i take most times.

I generally lay cables along the sill plates and then up the door trim to the rear window of my truck. Sometimes I just lay the cable underneath my front and rear heavy duty Husky floor mats/protectors routing the cable under the seats and then up the trim to the rear windows. You can barely see the cables unless you look for where the cable heads down to the floor from my power supply. You can even put cable underneath the carpeting on the floor but that can take some work depending on how it is installed. I do all of this because the headliner is such a PITA.

Back