Runaway tyre causes crash

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A139, M1S
I think in a situation like that you should be concentrating on your driving even more than normal, not concentrating on videography!

And I would have thought that keeping your distance and using your hazard lamps would be better than chasing it for the video, especially as being that close behind it meant that other people couldn't see the danger!

Of course it is fine for the passenger to do the filming.

Maybe he should have sacrificed his car and stopped the wheel to prevent the nasty accident?

Is it ever OK to break traffic regulations and use a phone while driving to record video that could provide useful evidence of an accident?
No, it's not! The driver should be paying attention to driving.... he could cause another accident.

While we should follow the laws, I feel such things as this can be acceptable if nobody is being endangered by it to any significant degree. IMHO sometimes a morality question can outweigh any legalities, but never should safety of others be risked for solely personal gain or popularity. If this vid went only to victims and Police I'd have no problem with that. If it were posted openly on Twitter or YouTube with no effort being made to notify the involved parties I'd like to see them have their phone used for their colonoscopy- sideways.

Phil

Even if you think making the video is acceptable, there is still the crime of VVS, and that the BBC have attempted to correct the VVS by chopping the top and bottom off to leave SVS (Square Video Syndrome) and terrible quality.

Also look as if film car slow down significantly maybe even stop, in what i assume are the fast lane, thats just asking for death and disaster.
I think had it been me i might have tried to steer the tire into the ditch by gently nudging it from behind ( PITT ) or if i was in a old car go on the side of it and then turn a little to the right.
These are normally only dangerous to non moving soft targets or oncoming traffic where as it can be seen they give a almighty shunt.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Interesting Dash Cam Videos (not recorded by you) 11