RWC200 Waterproof Rear Camera

QuozL

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Viofo A229 Pro
Have bought a Canopy for my ute so the existing rear camera is not going to work out the rear window of the ute anymore so I've purchased the RWC200 Waterproof Rear Camera to mount at the rear of the ute outside.

Can I now use the old rear camera that is mounted in the cabin and turn it around and use it as an interior camera or do I need a specific interior camera with a different plug on it?

Cheers

Can I now use the old rear camera that is mounted in the cabin and turn it around and use it as an interior camera or do I need a specific interior camera with a different plug on it?
Unfortunately, with the A229 Pro/Plus, the rear and interior cameras are very different technology and not transferrable. No problem on the A139.

Unfortunately, with the A229 Pro/Plus, the rear and interior cameras are very different technology and not transferrable. No problem on the A139.
Thanks for the info, thought as much.

Unfortunately yes.
This is why I advocated to buy the 3-CH version for $30 more.
Now the separate IR Interior camera is $70, but hindsight is 20/20.

It’s also unfortunate Viofo made the camera cables different, (Type-C / 3.5mm TRRS, mini coax) and now back to big COAX for A329).
I’ve been asking them to make all remote camera cables modular for increased flexibility, but oh well.

Back