Safety guidance version 00.00.00.00

ibm6

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
F750 F+R
Speed cam was working with F750 firmware 1.00.15.
After succesfully updated firmare to new version 1.00.22 with used latest speed cam datas, was speed camera function working only one day. Next days I see that is not working and version is 00.00.00.00.
I try format SD card, update another version of firmware (another region, because downgrade to 1.00.15 isnt possible), try use previous version od speedcams, copy speed cam datas to directory driveinfo after upgrades, but all was unsuccesfull.

What I can do, that speed cam will be working?

Last edited:
i have the same issue, i only have the F750 since the last few weeks, i add the speed camera database as per the instructions on the Thinkware website, put the card back in to my camera. Using the app i can see a file on the device for speed cameras but when i switch the car off and back on the file is empty. I am also on teh latest update 1.00.22.
I have spoken to Thinkware now a few times and they suggest my sd card is faulty or the camera, i dont believe it. They will not replace the card and asked i buy my own to check.

one thing i have noticed is that on the thinkware website the firmware for the uk is still the 15, everyone else seems to be on the 22. When i format the card and its empty i place it back in the camera and switch it on, i hear no details of upgrades etc and when checking the app i see the 22 firmware and the speed camera database is all 0000000. When i add the latest speed camera database to the driverinfo from a pc and insert the sd card back in the camera i again here nothing and on checking my app i see the speed camera database has a 16...... number. Switch the camera off and on again and its back to 0000000.
The technical support just say replace the sd card or the camera is faulty. New SD card and its still the same. I dont believe the camera is faulty as everything works apart from the speed camera database. 2 weeks i have spent trying to resolve this :(

I think that problem will be with firmware 1.00.22. But problem is that I cannot downgrade to 1.00.15. I try firmware 1.00.22 for UK, France (now is available on Thinkware support page only 1.00.15) and Netherland (still available 1.00.22). All firmware working without correctly speed cam function.

i believe it is the firmware but Thinkware say no... but then i am not sure what skill set the guys on the phone have.. i know one said he knows nothing about cameras and normally works on another product. As helpful as a chocolate teapot.

I just added the speed camera database to a empty sd card, placed it in my camera and on the app i saw the database 15.xxxxx and the firmware 1.00.22, i switched off the camera and then back on and the speed camera database was back to all 0's. Very frustrating.

Does anyone else have this issue with version 1.00.22?

I have done some digging with Thinkware and it appears there is an issue with the V22 firmware. There should be a new update around the 22nd of November to cure the issue. This is being treated as urgent...

got this today from Thinkware:

Good morning Paul,

Thank you for contacting Thinkware support. I'm sorry for the issues you've had with the device and for my delay in response.

This has been an issue with the latest firmware available on the website. We've finally discovered the reason for the problem and are working on a fix now, which I've been advised will be available from the 22nd November. I'm sorry for the inconvenience but the update should resolve the issue entirely.

Kind regards,

Bonnie

Thinkware UK Support | support.uk@thinkware.com

There's a new 1.00.06 for the F770 too. Says, 'Fixed Speed Cam Issue' confused as mine worked a treat!

says fixed speed cam issue for the new 750 one too, i definitely had that on the .22 firmware. will look forward to try it later

just upgraded using a new sandisk 32gb card and it works a treat. Speed cameras now stay on the device. Seems a little quicker too using the app.

Well I finally got an upgrade to work. Just need to go and check out the speed cameras now.

took the car out tonight where i know speed cameras are and very impressed, warned me at 300 yards and told me the speed for the road. Very happy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S F750 2
Back