Samsung SDXC 64GB class 10 EVO card

mwag

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9665GC
When I put this new, unused card in my SG9665GC unit it says the card is full! Plug it into my macbook and it is empty ..... what's happening here? Lit with the dash cam said it would take 64GB card, did I buy something out of spec for this unit? Thanks for any and all comments/help!!

the camera will format the card FAT32, it won't use exFAT
Thanks for your replies....sorry to be so dumb about this, but will that happen the next time I insert the card or will I have to initiate it somehow?

format the card in camera and see how you go, anytime you pull files off the card in a Mac you also need to format the card in camera

format the card in camera and see how you go, anytime you pull files off the card in a Mac you also need to format the card in camera
Ok, Thanks !! Will do that tomorrow when I get to my truck. I appreciate your help!

Why do you need to reformat the card? Does a Mac do strange things to removable storage cards?

Why do you need to reformat the card? Does a Mac do strange things to removable storage cards?

if you copy or delete files in a Mac it can leave hidden system files that the camera will trip up on, good practice to format in the camera, it's only a quick format that tells the camera the entire card is ok to use

for 64gb cards they need to be formatted in the camera before use also as the camera will format them FAT32

I put the card back in the camera, got the "blue screen of death" saying , card full, ( it is empty ) with no button functions possible except to turn off the camera and remove the card. So I could not format it in the menu format area. Been researching this exfat to fat32 procedure and am seeing that there is no "convert to" between the 2. Looks like I got the wrong card! Do they make 64GB fat32 cards?

Back