Satellite sensors Concept Dashcam based on the A229 Pro LN

LateralNW

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
VArious
@viofo sell the MT1 a 2 sensor dashcam aimed at the motorbike/motorcycle customer but I believe with some modifications could be altered for 3 cameras using the internals of the A229 Pro 3x camera model.

Remote 2K Sony Starvis 2 sensors fit and work in the remote/satellite units and maybe even the Sony 4K Starvis 2 can fit/with a similar sized housing.

It would allow the main unit to be placed out of site and also allow for the processor to have a large heat sink on it that protrudes through the top of the case to add additional cooling.

Perhaps an add on remote screen could be added or a video out port to allow control via the cars head unit. Perhaps via an app installed on the head unit.

The sensor enclosure that I like the look of the most is Viofo's new zoom lens housing.

It would help make the cameras be discrete when placed on the windscreen and rear windows.

What are your positive thoughts on the idea? Post below
Cheers.

I really like this idea as it would finally offer a way to address the chronic heat issues we always tend to see with 4K cameras. The base unit could even have a fan installed along along with a larger heat sink and a microphone in one or more of the remote units.

Perhaps some sort of hybrid multi-wire cable with a Y cable splitter at the end that could accommodate both a standard AOV front facing camera module with a RTC300 module so there would only be one cable to run to the front windshield?

I would also love to see some way to provide for minor left right aiming adjustments for the camera modules, perhaps using the kind of wedges I suggested to Megtech that were incorporated into the original mini 0806 camera.

I like the idea of it having a screen, although live view WiFi would work as long as the base unit offered some sort of visual confirmation that the camera's remote camera modules are running and operating properly.

Back