Save longer clips in parking mode?

Connect-Ad

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi N4 brothers and sisters!

My usecase for the dashcam is probably a bit exotic: My car is parked in a garage without a gate - the landlord doesn't want to install one. It happens weekly that people pee and even poop in front of my car. Since I think it's always the same people, I want to report them to the police. If these reports get me nowhere, at least I have the joy of having a video to laugh about. Unfortunately the Parking Mode clips only last 10 seconds each and so they are not long enough to prove the ****ty crime. All I have on video are people looking around. Is there any way to increase the duration to 2-3 minutes?

Motion detection works fine for me because no passing traffic triggers a recording. Continuous recording at low bitrate will probably drain my car battery too quickly, since I sometimes don't move the car for a few days. Also, I would have to review all the footage, which is a lot of tedious effort.

Love from Germany
Connect-Ad

I solved the problem by parking in reverse. I didn't realize that only the front camera senses motion and triggers clip recording.

Yes some cameras do not sense motion on all cameras.

Back