SD Card formatting software

Best practice is to always format card in the device you plan on using it in.

Ok, I always thought that zeroing it out was the best practice before even putting it in the dashcam.
No there should be no need to "format" beforehand... My newer dash cams force me to format card if a foreign one is inserted. Good practice is to format card every so often (in cam) like once a month, this has worked extremely well for me never having a single issue with a card or file (for years).

Ok. So far I've had nothing but memory card issues with my Viofo T130. I have yet another memory card on the way which will be here tomorrow. I pray this one lasts longer than 2 months.

What memory card and what formatting tool are you using?
First a SanDisk Extreme 256gb SD card which was too slow, so on to a Samsung Pro Endurance 256gb SD card which is now the 2nd most expensive I've ever purchased, and finally I have a gigastone 256gb 4k dashcam SD card getting delivered tomorrow. Should I format it beforehand or just do it in the device??

Weird you're having issues with the memory card(s). Were they purchased from a reputable place/retailer?

Been using the SanDisk Max Endurance 128GB cards in my Viofo A119 V3's w/o issue since late 2019

All sold by and supplied by Amazon.
Many of mine same (Amazon). Maybe there's an issue with the dash cam itself yet hard to believe that'd be the case but never know.

Since the 90's I've only had one memory card that began acting up (SanDisk 32GB MicroSD) and I've owned many. With all my dash and security cams never had a single one fail there either, ever.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Dash Cam Software / Development 32
Back