Second Batch Ordering?

superwario

Reaction score
Country
United States
Which websites offer the second batch of this camera for sale?

Diggcams?

How wasy is it to tell from the packaging whether it is a 2nd batch unit or not?

Gearbest.com has 2nd batch now and also the cheapest with coupon.
If you get the small wire management tabs, it's pretty much safe to say it's 2nd batch.
I've highlighted the wire management tabs but I'm not sure all 2nd batch have them so even if you get one without them, it may be still 2nd batch.
Just ask before ordering but from what batch it is.
Here is the 2nd batch I got from Gearbest:

DSC01260-small.jpg

Also, the CPL case is half round. 1st batch has square/rectangle case but again not sure if that applies to all 2nd batch.

I think the presence of the 4 wedge screws is conclusive?

Yes the screws are definitely proof and GearBest has posted that they are indeed selling second batch cameras.

I thought about the screws as my 1st batch was missing them but am not sure if all 1st batch ones are missing them so not sure if that's a given either.
I mean there could be screws on 1st batch as well so that's not a decisive factor.

Maybe Rayman can chime in on for sure the difference.
The planned smaller box will be a definite factor of 3rd (at least 2nd) batch but that will come later in March.

Last edited:
Gearbest.com has 2nd batch now and also the cheapest with coupon.
If you get the small wire management tabs, it's pretty much safe to say it's 2nd batch.
I've highlighted the wire management tabs but I'm not sure all 2nd batch have them so even if you get one without them, it may be still 2nd batch.
Just ask before ordering but from what batch it is.
Here is the 2nd batch I got from Gearbest:

View attachment 11175

Also, the CPL case is half round. 1st batch has square/rectangle case but again not sure if that applies to all 2nd batch.

Everything in your picture looks like what I got, except there is no bag with screws in it, and the CPL did not come yet, it is on back order, but mine came from spytec.

It looks like there are 6 screws in the bag in your picture ? In another picture here , a picture of the box, that's exactly what my box looks like, if that means anything.

The piece that fits onto the camera has 6 screws in it, two on each end and one on each side. And yes I did get 6 of the wire management clips.

Everything in your picture looks like what I got, except there is no bag with screws in it, and the CPL did not come yet, it is on back order, but mine came from spytec.

It looks like there are 6 screws in the bag in your picture ? In another picture here , a picture of the box, that's exactly what my box looks like, if that means anything.

The piece that fits onto the camera has 6 screws in it, two on each end and one on each side. And yes I did get 6 of the wire management clips.
The screws are in a small bag inside the bag of the double sided tapes/wedges. I didn't see it before until I emptied the tapes/wedges bag.

Mine just came in from FoxOffer and has both the 6 cable management clips and the 6 screws - this means it's the second batch?

What exactly is the difference between the First and Second batch anyhow?

The differences I can think of:
  1. Updated firmware, which you can download and update yourself from mini0806.com anyway.
  2. Small modification to the angle adjustment mechanism moulding to make construction simpler and thus avoid internal cables getting trapped and damaged.
  3. Improved GPS reception by improving the electromagnetic shielding.
  4. Improved surface finish.
  5. Swap of colour between power and record LEDs.
  6. Inclusion of mounting wedge screws.
  7. Inclusion of cable mounting clips.
  8. Improved quality assurance, specifically testing of the lens focus.

I'm not sure that list is entirely accurate.

Mine just came in from FoxOffer and has both the 6 cable management clips and the 6 screws - this means it's the second batch?

If your GPS works without long delay and there are no focus issues on the lens, don't worry what version it is.

Back