Seller "Black Box" through Amazon US

DT MI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than my wife thinks I need.
Recently purchased 2 "Black Box" branded G1W-H from Black Box fulfilled by Amazon. I purchased through Amazon in case I needed to return them for any reason and that would be easier than an international return. They arrived today and appear to be 100% legitimate.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00HMNFWYW
Both record MOV format at 30 FPS, 1080FHD.
Files are identified as NOVATEK 96650.
Firmware version 2014.8.18
Camera lens is f1.6 (don't know how this compares to other brands/sellers)
Both cameras had '3 bars' for battery level when they arrived after 6 days in transit.
The suction mount I received was different than pictured above in that it has a ball mount allowing for greater flexibility. (Although I'll be using a mirror mount instead.)

I'm using PNY 32GB class 10 cards in both and haven't noticed any issues in a couple hours of testing and playing around.

One difference I noticed from other information on this forum is that 'start up' and 'shut down' image on the screen is the "Black Box" logo versus images of various cars. This indicates to me that they have firmware that's custom to "Black Box".

Prior to ordering I exchanged a couple of emails with the vendor and their response was quick and professional.

Last edited:
Back