SEMA 2024 November 5-7 Roundtable Discussion

safedrivesolutions

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Viofo A229 Pro+A139 pro, Vueroid D21 4K, Thinkware U3000,
I would attend but I do not have the funds, I would need sponsorship, (air fare, hotel, meals, rental car, $2,000).
Maybe we could all carpool, and share a hotel room like Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting. It does cost around $800 to $1000 USD to attend (flights, shuttle service, hotel, food) based on my 2019 and 2022 SEMA trips.

@safedrivesolutions
How about an annual “Awards Show” at the Roundtable to recognize the efforts of dash cam manufacturers?
Categories may include;
Best Cloud Dash Cam (built-in LTE)
Best Cloud Ready Dash Cam (requires external hotspot)
Best Parking Mode Feature Set
Best Low Power Parking Mode
Best Image Quality
Best New Comer (rookie of the year)
Best Customer Service & Tech Support
Best New Innovation
Best Budget Single Channel
Best Budget 2-Channel

Sounds like a fun idea. I plan on attending again this year. Some companies like Blackvue and Thinkware tend to go every year. VanTrue went to AAPEX instead of SEMA which was a little odd, but hopefully they could join in either way. Viofo I’d love to see start going. There’s tons of other companies who go as well. Usually people are busy at the booths during the show, but it would be fun to organize something together if possible.

@safedrivesolutions
How about an annual “Awards Show” at the Roundtable to recognize the efforts of dash cam manufacturers?
Categories may include;
Best Cloud Dash Cam (built-in LTE)
Best Cloud Ready Dash Cam (requires external hotspot)
Best Parking Mode Feature Set
Best Low Power Parking Mode
Best Image Quality
Best New Comer (rookie of the year)
Best Customer Service & Tech Support
Best New Innovation
Best Budget Single Channel
Best Budget 2-Channel
I dont want to get involved with that. Leave it to SEMA to do that stuff.

Sounds like a fun idea. I plan on attending again this year. Some companies like Blackvue and Thinkware tend to go every year. VanTrue went to AAPEX instead of SEMA which was a little odd, but hopefully they could join in either way. Viofo I’d love to see start going. There’s tons of other companies who go as well. Usually people are busy at the booths during the show, but it would be fun to organize something together if possible.
Yes it would be nice to have an open discussion. As it gets closer i am sure there will be some ideas floating around

Back