Set time, Date manually

Bungus

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
2 x Mobius, A, C2. 1 x Toguard CE685
Anyone knows how to manually set time and date on the Mobius?
I use Msetup on PC and there's no choice for manually setting it. I'd like to have it in my recordings to document chronologically. If cannot, I'll have to set it to no time stamp.

Anyone knows how to manually set time and date on the Mobius?
I use Msetup on PC and there's no choice for manually setting it. I'd like to have it in my recordings to document chronologically. If cannot, I'll have to set it to no time stamp.
This functionality was built into the predecessor of mSetup but nobody seemed to use it. As a consequence I no longer incorporated it into mSetup because I wanted to keep the program as simple and user friendly as possible. If I knew it could be useful to more than one person I would certainly consider adding the necessary code. Adding the code is trivial, finding the best place to incorporate the added functionality into the current layout without confusing new users is not so easy, but I have my ideas...

This functionality was built into the predecessor of mSetup but nobody seemed to use it. As a consequence I no longer incorporated it into mSetup because I wanted to keep the program as simple and user friendly as possible. If I knew it could be useful to more than one person I would certainly consider adding the necessary code. Adding the code is trivial, finding the best place to incorporate the added functionality into the current layout without confusing new users is not so easy, but I have my ideas...

Guess few will travel with Mobius to different time zones as I'm doing. Not a problem once I figure it out. It's just a few clicks on the PC. Maybe just a few lines in the owner/operation manual will suffice. Now I have to make sure not to drain the battery completely and lose the RTC.

I set my cameras to GMT and never change them.

Sorry to bump an old thread but have a "timely" question...
I tried the search function & have read thru many pages of info but can't find an answer......
I was just reviewing footage from one of my Mobius cameras to make sure that all was well
and I noticed that the "time" on the recorded clips was incorrect.
We have recently converted from DST to "normal" time & I'm wondering if that is the issue ?
Is the time on the Mobius set from ones computer ?
If that is the case, then it would be just a matter of connecting the Mobius to the computer
and it would pick up the correct time ??
OR, does one have to use the mset up & then set the parameters to make it good ?
I did these thing this morning but have not yet put the Mobius back in the vehicle.
Thanks in advance for any assistance which will be greatly appreciated.
Roger

Sorry to bump an old thread but have a "timely" question...
I tried the search function & have read thru many pages of info but can't find an answer......
I was just reviewing footage from one of my Mobius cameras to make sure that all was well
and I noticed that the "time" on the recorded clips was incorrect.
We have recently converted from DST to "normal" time & I'm wondering if that is the issue ?
Is the time on the Mobius set from ones computer ?
If that is the case, then it would be just a matter of connecting the Mobius to the computer
and it would pick up the correct time ??
OR, does one have to use the mset up & then set the parameters to make it good ?
I did these thing this morning but have not yet put the Mobius back in the vehicle.
Thanks in advance for any assistance which will be greatly appreciated.
Roger
You did it right. You have to launch mSetup, select the camera, and then click the 'Set Parameters' button.

The Mobius Mini uses a completely different USB protocol and the camera's date and time are queried and shown in mSetup every second. If there's a difference of more than 2 seconds a discrete warning message is shown. All you need to do is click on the (incorrect) date/time and the camera's date/time will immediately be synchronized to the computer's date and time. Very cool. Unfortunately, this functionality isn't possible with the Mobius or Mobius 2 firmware.

Back