Setting suggestions - A113 V3 to A229 Pro 2ch (rear)

markus

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
VIOFO A229 Pro 2ch, VIOFO A119 V3, 70mai Smart Dash Cam 1S
Hello all,
Sorry, it's going to be one of "those" threads :D
I currently have an A119 V3 and my A229 Pro 2ch (rear) should be arriving shortly, and I'm looking for some suggested settings for the various options for the new setup, both front, and also the new to me rear camera (I am currently using a 70mai Smart Dash Cam 1S as a rear cam) . I do not use parking mode, if that makes a difference.
I know there is a lot of personal preference to things, so it's not a one-size fits all thing, so I do expect some debate about things. Thank you in advance!

Below are the settings I am currently using

Code:
My Settings for vvs49 modified firmware "V2.6T_20211203_HDR_automatic" and "A119V3: V2.6T Build: 20211203" -

1. Resolution - 2560x1080P 30fps
2. Bitrate - High
3. Loop Recording - 3 minutes
4. Video Format - MP4
>
5. Exposure - 0.0
6. HDR - Auto - HDR OFF 06:50 - HDR ON 19:00
7. Driving Safety - Stop & Go OFF - Driver Fatigue Alarm - Off
8. Parking Mode - Off
>
9. Enter Parking Mode Timer - Off
10. Parking Recording Duration - 48 Hours
11. Parking G-sensor - High Sensitivity
12. Parking Motion Detection - Middle Sensitivity
>
13. Time-lapse Recording - Off
14. Motion Detection - Off
15. GPS - On
16. Speed Unit - KM/H
>
17. G-sensor - Low Sensitivity
18. Date stamp - On
19. GPS Info Stamp - Coordinates
20. Camera model Stamp - Off
>
21. Record Audio - Off
22. Screen Saver - 1 minute
23. Boot Delay - Off
24. LED - On
>
25. Date/Time - 18/06/2021 DD/MM/YY
26. Time Zone - GMT -5 (DST OFF)
27. Language - English
28. Beep Sound - Startup sound only
>
29. Frequency - 60Hz
30. Image Rotation - Off
31. Image Mirror - Off
32. Format - Cancel
>
33. Format Warning - Off
34. Default Setting - OK
35. Car Number - No
36. Custom Text Stamp - No
>
37. Firmware Version -  "A119V3: V2.6T Build: 2021120"

I am in a similar situation. I found this yesterday. You have probably got your setup working by now but it may help new owners. I will tweak it a bit but it seems a good starting point . The only thing I do not get is they say to turn the dashcam off and use the Viofo app. Is that possible?

That is odd. If the cam is off you don't have access via WiFi so cannot connect to the camera. I wonder if they mean stop the cam from recording then ensure WiFi is on, which I think is the default, and they do mention to have it turned on.

Hello, the camera seems to not change to daylight saving time automatically so in order to show the correct time I had to set the time zone to GMT+1- I live in the UK. Is this a known issue? I have the latest firmware and I synchronized the camera with my phone without success.

Hello, the camera seems to not change to daylight saving time automatically so in order to show the correct time I had to set the time zone to GMT+1- I live in the UK. Is this a known issue? I have the latest firmware and I synchronized the camera with my phone without success.
Yes, and they make mention of that either in the link I posted. "Keep in mind that the time zone must be manually adjusted for daylight savings."

It happens with my A119 V3 also where I have to do something similar i.e. -6 instead of -7

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S A229 Pro 11
Back