Setting time and turning off sound recording on dashcam

noblerare

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I recently purchased a DR590-1CH without the GPS. I have inserted the SD card into my laptop and used the settings in Blackvue Viewer to set a manual time (as I don't have the GPS attachment) and to turn off sound recording (as I don't want it to record sound/conversations/voices that's happening in the car). I took the card out of the laptop and put it into the dashcam and when starting up the car, the dashcam announces that it is formatting the card. After driving around for a while, I plug the card back into my laptop only to find that the time is still wrong (defaulted to GMT-11) and there IS sound.

How do I achieve these two things for my dashcam?

Never mind. I figured it out. Turns out I had inserted the brand new microSD card into my laptop and tried to change the settings all while the Blackvue Viewer did not recognize the card at all. I then inserted it into my dashcam which formatted the card thinking that my settings were now applied. When I took out the card to view the footage, it was then that the Blackvue Viewer recognized the card. So I modified the settings a second time, re-inserted it into the dashcam, drove around for a bit and then reviewed the footage and the correct settings were applied.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H DR590/DR590W (1CH or 2CH) 3