SG7LA50G / CDV300X

Iaindk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Could anyone advise what the differences between the CDV300X & the Street Guardian SG7LA50G.

Also, any ideas when the Street Guardian will be released?

Last edited:
We've withdrawn the stock for the time being, working on some updates that need to happen before we will re-release, no date at this stage

Despite being based on the same hardware, I'm expecting the Street Guardian version to be definitely more finished than the TCL CDV300X on the firmware side.

Things like this could make a big difference over the "oem" version: option to mute the jingles, addition of meter mode settings, better video quality tuning (compression is a bit strong on the CDV300X).

While TCL have strictly no point of contact for feedback and to get firmware updates, StreetGuardian do.

All things to take into account I believe.

Despite being based on the same hardware, I'm expecting the Street Guardian version to be definitely more finished than the TCL CDV300X on the firmware side.

Have to say I'm not a fan of the generic firmware that comes on the TCL version, a lot needs changing

Generic vs custom versions is similar to if buying a new house that someone built for himself, but later you start perfecting it to your higher standard needs.

Quick question, given this has risen up, would the firmware from the SG7LA50G be compatible with the CDV-300X given the hardware or has the changes in the hardware for the SG7LA50G that much different?

Just curious more than anything.

There are a few different hardware variants in use on this design but if it was the one with the right hardware then yes it would work on that models

Generic vs custom versions is similar to if buying a new house that someone built for himself, but later you start perfecting it to your higher standard needs.

Agree. However if the "generic" house is going to cost me $300,000 while the "custom" house is going to cost me $600,000, then I have to question the value of the "custom" house.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Martlet Street Guardian 8
jokiin Street Guardian 324