SG9663DCPRO+ Availability UK

Bobcat101

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I bought by dual camera setup from @niko a few years ago (SGGCX2PRO+ purchased on 20 Nov 2018) and today the camera has started to play up :(

Basically it doesn't start and gets stuck on the splash screen, leaving it unplugged for a while and then trying again after plugging in allows it to work for a while before it feezes on recording (after around 10 mins). I think its no longer working and so needs replacing.

I've had a look on Niko's website and the simplest slot in replacement appears to be the SG9663DCPRO+ but unfortunately Niko's website says it out of stock :(

So what to do? is there something that's the current good camera that i can use ? it looks like I can buy a SGGCX2PRO+ and just plug it in but I guess the new camera should perform better. Also it appears I cant buy just a front camera but have to buy both a front and rear camera? I already purchased a "SGR291CAM" from @niko when I bought the front camera

Any advice would be great, and maybe guidance on who actually has stock in the UK?

First we can try troubleshooting your X2PRO dashcam. If nothing going to work, please don't worry I will look after you to get a good deal on the new front unit to match your present SGR291CAM.

Let's do step by step troubleshooting.

1. What is the FW version on your present dashcam?

First we can try troubleshooting your X2PRO dashcam. If nothing going to work, please don't worry I will look after you to get a good deal on the new front unit to match your present SGR291CAM.

Let's do step by step troubleshooting.

1. What is the FW version on your present dashcam?

I've flashed the latest i could find, when i did get it to boot this evening I checked after i flashed what i thought was the latest and under firmware in the menus it read "X2PRO+200702V1.31"

Yes, the v1.31 is the latest FW version.

As I understand you have flashed the FW last evening? How the dashcam behaves after that? Is it still acting up?
If yes, then this is the next you can try:

1. unplug the rear camera video cable. Try out for the few days to see if there is any difference.

If still acting up, it is worth to check the memory card.

2. Use both software to test and then format the memory card:

Memory Test Software

Memory card test software

Memory Formatting Software

SD Formatter

Let us know the results you get after memory test software.

If memory card is not formatted regularly (recommended once per month), it may also cause dashcam to acting up.
We have to eliminate different variables.

Hi

I've tried standalone in my house away from the car with the same behaviour. If I let the unit unplugged so that that caps discharge and then plug it in it works for a while then locks up.

I've tested the sdcard using hwwtest and it passed, the unit hangs in the splash screen using no microsd powering just the front camera.

One thing I noticed is I went shopping befoe I removed th camera from the car and the screen stayed on (I have it configured to turn off), though with hindsight I think this was the unit locking up.

I thought it might be leaky supercaps but after checking they look fine (not bulging).

I can flash the unit without issue even though it doesn't fully boot so the bootloader is fine.

I assumed it could be bit rot in the band, hence trying a firmware flash but it didn't help.

Could there be badblocks on the on board flash? Is there tty pin outs I could try to see serial output or is this a lost cause ?

"I assumed it could be bit rot in the band," = "I assumed it could be bit rot in the nand(flash)"

More observations, if i start it cold it does boot pretty much everytime (when capacitors have drained?), and i get a live preview for about 5 seconds with txt at the bottom that says "INSERT TF CARD" as normal. After about 5 seconds the unit locks up and and is no longer responsive, until i remove power and let caps drain.

I think this is a lost cause, @niko can we talk about me buying a replacement camera ? I'm nervous not having a camera in the car if honest and need to get this resolved ASAP. do you want to talk this to pm or email ?

Thank you for doing most possible troubleshooting cases.
There is one more option left to try (two-stage boot-loader), which I can share with you via PM and of course we can discuss new unit buying option via PM which can be posted on Monday.

Thank you for doing most possible troubleshooting cases.
There is one more option left to try (two-stage boot-loader), which I can share with you via PM and of course we can discuss new unit buying option via PM which can be posted on Monday.
Yes sure, lets try the two stage bootloader, I'll reach out to your via PM. Thank you in advance.

Back