SG9665GC mount

normm

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
SG9665GC , A118C
Probably a silly question but is the mount for the SG9665GC the same as the one used on the A118C?

I currently have an A118C but am thinking of moving that to the rear window and getting a SG9665GC for better nighttime quality up front.

I'd prefer not to have to remove the A118C mount if I can just use it for the SG9665GC.

Thanks.

They should be. I know I've swapped GC's and A118's using the same mounts. Might be a slight difference it tightness but that can be corrected with a bit of judiciously applied tape on the mount.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the help. Now just need a dash mat to stop reflections from the dash and I'm set until I decide to get the SG9665GC :)

One more question about the mount guys. Would it hurt to trim down the 3M tape slightly when mounting on the rear window? The reason I ask is the rear demister elements cover my whole rear window (Ford Focus LZ) and they are spaced about 3cm apart. Looks like the tape on the mount is 35mm so I'd be covering over a part of the elements which I'd rather not do (or is that not a problem?)

Thanks again.

Norm

Thanks jokiin. It was either that or try a mini 0805 which looks like it has a smaller mount. I'd prefer to re-use the A118C though when I grab the SG9665GC in a couple of weeks :)

Hi again guys,

Finally picked up my SG9665GC today and it installed on the A118C mount just fine. Ended up replacing the power cord with the one supplied with the SG as it looked a bit better and I had to remove the trim anyway to run the GPS module wire. Still haven't decided if I'll leave the GPS on the Dash or stick it to the top of the window (after reversing the antenna inside). I have a dash mat coming next week so I'll see how it hides the GPS on the dash. It will also let me see if I need the CPL filter or not (suspect I still will).

Only bad news was I've now discovered that there is nowhere on the rear window to install the A118C. It's either have the rear brake light (in the rear spoiler) cover the top third of the screen or place it lower down on the glass where it will partially block my rear view (I have a Focus so the rear window isn't that big).

Looks like my brother scores himself an A118C and I'm back on the hunt for an even smaller dash cam for the rear. I think the mini 0805 would have the same problems. Any suggestions? o_O

Now to go for a drive to see how the SG9665GC goes.......

Norm

Hi again guys,
Ended up replacing the power cord with the one supplied with the SG as it looked a bit better and
good choice, jokiin and the crew have spent a lot of time and research developing this power supply and cord so that it minimises any interference and gives a nice smooth power supply, definitely not a cheap power supply.

Back