SGZC12RC V.2 observations and concerns

Daffypuck

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok, I just installed my 3rd different SG product today. I have a few gripes about this particular model. Or better put, concerns that maybe can be addressed. I really wish the clip that holds the remote cam was black and not clear. It draws your eye right to the camera. My second, and most egregious design flaw is the red light on the front of the remote camera unit. That definitely says, "Hey, look at me, Im a camera, or a piece of cool electronics that you shouldnt overlook when you break in to this car." The red power lite on the remote cam should be on the back side so that I know its powered up and operating. especially since the screen unit is usually tucked away in a console or glove box. And lastly, my 3rd concern is night time PQ. I reviewed som footage from last night and didnt care for the exposure of the camera. At no point could I read, let alone see, any plate numbers. Buisness signs that are lit up, were way overblown and illegible. I really couldnt read anything, except the speed limit signs. Not bitching here, just my little review of the model. I havent reviewed any day time footage yet. The attached picture of the the plate is as Im passing, without my lights reflecting off of it. The other pic is a Waffle House sign. Its completely blown out. I wonder if theres an exposure setting on the cam. Also, I noticed the main unit has a 2 USB ports, one labeled "front" and one "rear." Does that mean it has duel capability if I was to have wo remote cams?
BTW, thanks to the guys at Pier28 for expiditing my new cam to me. I appreciate everything yall do.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
As far as I know, it has dim GREEN light on the front of the camera. Your is RED ? Probably new stock ?
Anyway, you may cover it with piece of black electrical tape.

Yeh, thats wht ive done. I just wish they had put it on the back. Just for re-assurance that its on. Not a big deal, just an observation.

Back