Should I buy the 0803 with a car that has hard/lowered suspension and hot climate?

garyanderson99

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I have been doing some research and I realize the video might be shaky but as long as it works I'm ok with that. I also live in Thailand so it is crazy hot all the time, good thing my AC works well. I also want to buy a second mount to occasionally use on my motor-scooter. Being an expat living here almost all road accidents are pinned on the foreigner (this has happened to me once already) so I think it is past time I buy one.

Also what seems to be most compatible memory card, I already have a sandisk 16gb class 10 but I don't mind buying a different one.

I will most likely buy from foxoffer and request the one with the new heat sink and latest mounting bracket.

Any opinions are highly appreciated.

What kind of car?

It's actually quite a good mount for a hard suspension as it is very short and firmly attached to the glass, so it's solid and not at all bouncy, it also helps that the camera is very lightweight so doesn't resist moving with the car which is what you want.

Not sure about using it on a scooter - it's not designed for that, definitely not waterproof.

Heat would be an issue is you want to use it in a parked car.

Samsung cards work well, Sandisk are not recommended but as you have it you might as well see if it works.

It's actually quite a good mount for a hard suspension as it is very short and firmly attached to the glass, so it's solid and not at all bouncy, it also helps that the camera is very lightweight so doesn't resist moving with the car which is what you want.

Not sure about using it on a scooter - it's not designed for that, definitely not waterproof.

Heat would be an issue is you want to use it in a parked car.

Samsung cards work well, Sandisk are not recommended but as you have it you might as well see if it works.
Which Samsung class card?

Which Samsung class card?
Class 6 is fast enough for the camera, class 10 will be twice as fast to copy files off. The 0803 doesn't seem to mind faster cards, class 4 will be too slow, at least for the higher bitrate modes.

A BMW! That will be no problem, when you said hard suspension I thought you meant another Lotus with track suspension or something of the sort!

I've herd some people say that some BMWs behave oddly if you try to hardwire a DashCam in, but if you are just plugging it in you should not have any problems.

I've herd some people say that some BMWs behave oddly if you try to hardwire a DashCam in, but if you are just plugging it in you should not have any problems.
That is good to know. I am planning to the "hard wire kit" from foxoffer. I wonder why it would not work normally? My 318 is 20 years old.

20 year old model won't be an issue to hardwire, the current models have a feature that disables circuits that draw power when they shouldn't
Thanks for clarifying jokiin. I knew i herd it somewhere, but I'm not to up on BMWs

Just a follow up.... Been using it hardwired in to the ACC and the firm suspension has not been an issue and the playback on a big screen is not shaky at all. I guess there is stabilization mechanism in the camera. The quality is much better than I thought it would be and the class 6 samsung 32gm card works great. I did disable the G-sensor as I would think it would lock all the videos when I hit a bump in the road. My old CD player would always skip when this happens. Video record quality is much better than I thought is would be as the youtube video's don't do it justice. It does get a little hot but I can't imagine how it was with the older 803's.

I have only had it "lock up" once and that was when the car washer brought my car back it was stuck on the start screen with a strange continuous sound. Maybe they did something to it, or just bad timing anyway i just did a hard reset and it hasn't happened since. I am very happy with it so far.

I have only had it "lock up" once and that was when the car washer brought my car back it was stuck on the start screen with a strange continuous sound. Maybe they did something to it, or just bad timing
This happened to me as well. I had turned the camera on and as it started started my car. I bet it bugged the hell out of them. It was driving me nuts driving home.

Back