Should I upgrade firmware + other questions?

DashCamKing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a A229 on V1.0_0916 firmware that I'm about to install. I had A129 previously and never upgraded the firmware as new firmware's always came with issue/bugs and I was happy with how it was working.

Should I upgrade the A229 firmware before install?

Also is it possible to have constant low bit rate parking recording but have clips saved if g sensor detects anything? I never used buffered mode on A129, as back when I was setting it up it was unreliable. Does this mode work on A229?

I have a A229 on V1.0_0916 firmware that I'm about to install. I had A129 previously and never upgraded the firmware as new firmware's always came with issue/bugs and I was happy with how it was working.

Should I upgrade the A229 firmware before install?
If everything suits you in the work of A229, then it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Also is it possible to have constant low bit rate parking recording but have clips saved if g sensor detects anything?
I'm using parking mode: "Low bitrate recording". If there is an impact on the car, the video file will be saved in the RO folder.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. Are there any setting to make clips save if impact? I already enable low bit rate parking.

Also what resolution is best and should I enable WDR?

Thanks for your reply. Are there any setting to make clips save if impact? I already enable low bit rate parking.

Also what resolution is best and should I enable WDR?
Try changing the sensitivity of the G-sensor. Someone needs an increased one, I have enough average.
WDR is always off for me. You try to compare video with and without WDR. Maybe you'll like it better with WDR enabled.

Back