Sideswipe close call - Glad I have a camera!

azchrisf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Captured this on my morning drive, something we all see every day, but would be great documentation if the mirror that fell off hit my car or something...

On Beta 26 using Center Cut and CPL.

Captured this on my morning drive, something we all see every day, but would be great documentation if the mirror that fell off hit my car or something...

On Beta 26 using Center Cut and CPL.

This kind of thing is one of the reasons I have side and rear facing cameras.

side-swipe-.jpg

what's that top right over drivers head either its a supernatural phenomenon or an exposure detail.

I'm not exactly sure what you are referring to but if you meant that "glow" I think it is just the glare from the setting sun low in the sky coming through my dirty rear window. As you can see, I live in a rural area and that is a dirt road I am driving on so where I live it is nearly impossible to keep a vehicle clean unless you wash it all the time.

I have a nice collection of near-misses and other dangerous behaviors that drivers here in CT regard as normal driving. These people might survive about a week driving in CA.

I usually save one or two memorable clips each week. The other day I approached a green-lighted intersection and had two dump trucks blow through the red light at least ten seconds after it changed, It isn't a question of if I'm involved in an accident here but when. My dashcam is bound to come in handy if I survive, --or at least help my widow live comfortably after the court case concludes.

The new Cadillac CT6 (with four-camera surround view when backing) has taken the capability one step further and turned them into 360 full-time cameras that record for hours and re-write if the recording isn't saved. I think its just a matter of time before automakers begin to install similar systems on all new cars - especially when self-driving automobiles begin to become common.

More detailed info here: http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/cad...ws/us/en/2016/jun/0614-ct6-surround-view.html

CCC

Last edited:
New Cadillacs (with four-camera surround view when backing) have taken the capability one step further and turned them into 360 full-time cameras that record for hours and re-write if the recording isn't saved. I think its just a matter of time before automakers begin to install similar systems on all new cars - especially when self-driving automobiles begin to become common.
this is what I'm predicting in years to come, just like alarm systems and immobilisers, all cars have them now.

Back