Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all what's the best glue for this?-,thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20210225_163701.jpg
    IMG_20210225_163701.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 8
You could use any type of contact cement similar to this one. Just apply a very fine coat in both parts then join them together.

It is not recommended using crazy glue as that produce fumes that can fog your lens surface and probably damaging it.

Or you could use some of the thin double sided tape/adhesive made to be used in cellphones.

Most people prefer an all black camera free of shiny adornments in order to have a more stealthy installation.

If it were me I would simply leave the ring off the camera. It serves no functional purpose. Indeed, many DCT users would not purchase a camera that drew attention to itself with such cosmetics as these cameras feature.

In the "old days", it was nearly impossible to purchase a dash cam that wasn't covered in bright logos and chrome adornments and so many of us would paint the cameras black or put black electrical tape over company logos and anything else on the camera housing that would catch your eye. We would even remove shiny rings around the lenses. You'll find numerous examples of projects like this in the DIY sub-forum.

If you do wish to re-attach the ring be sure to follow @EGS' advice and avoid super-glue as it is indeed likely to permanently fog your lens. Contact cement sounds like a good option.

Last edited:
I will have to second dashmellows post, or at least now that it is off anyway, paint it flat black before putting it back on. ( if you or a M8 have a little flat black spray paint around )
but okay the camera are not exactly stealthy looking elsewhere than the ring around the lens, one could assume Nextbase made their cameras for the Asian market and surely not the stealth loving western market.

I would have to go to town on the camera if i got one of those.

A few brands still have that trend to use bright colors that make the camera so obvious to anyone walking in front of the vehicle. 70mai is one of them, making the whole lens barrel metalic silver and a logo facing the glass. It is clear their priorities are very different from other competitors that focus on image quality and overall performance of the system.
They have been told about it in the previous model and they have repeated the same with this new model :banghead:
20210225_130035.jpg

A few brands still have that trend to use bright colors that make the camera so obvious to anyone walking in front of the vehicle. 70mai is one of them, making the whole lens barrel metalic silver and a logo facing the glass. It is clear their priorities are very different from other competitors that focus on image quality and overall performance of the system.
They have been told about it in the previous model and they have repeated the same with this new model :banghead:
View attachment 55647

There are some cultural differences in dash cam design. Western markets like the US and Europe prefer stealthy looking all black dash cams whereas the Asian markets like China often go in more for flashy looking cameras and logos. I think what you are talking about and showing us is an example of that. Some of the Nextbase camera models seem to have their own logic.

Hi all thanks for the replies-never thought of leaving it off!

Back