Simple Apple OS X editor needed

CamFreak

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mobius
I could use assistance. Looking for a simple to learn and a simple to use basic video editor mainly for dash cam videos from my Mobius.

Would like primarily to be able to remove some frames and to split the screen to show side by side comparisons for my Mobius with another dash cam as many do on DCT. Fade in and out along with adding titles and music would be a plus. Free would be best, but a modest cost would be alright.

Computer is an Apple iMac OS X 10.10.3 and not interested in running Windows software with Parallels and the like.

Last edited:
Apple's iMovie can do those things. Easy.

Apple's iMovie can do those things. Easy.
I didn't know iMovie allows you to display side-by-side video from two different cams.

for a very long time I had been using Quick time Player 7, and paid the $20 to turn it in to Quicktime player Pro. not sure it has the side by side feature, it was easy to copy from the main file and paste in to the new file , and if you wanted you could keep the old sound track or like me replace it with music, I still use it for quick short clips that need no fancy stuff.

I’ve started using iMovie as well, it has lots more features that can turn your movie file in to something looking more professional, I don’t know if it can do side by side, but I’m still learning using iMovie,

Back